• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for Critique

toddot

We have been using this logo for almost 10 years and never thought to put it out there for criticism. After seeing other posts in this forum, I thought , what can it hurt. So please critique away. Note: Border is not part of the logo.

Attachments

• signwerks express logo bitmap critique.bmp
    67.8 KB · Views: 112

SignManiac

Try and convert it to a .jpg and then upload it again. Make sure it's RGB. Then I'll be happy to have a look at it.

toddot

JPG version of logo

Here is a better copy in Jpg...Sorry about that.

Attachments

• SignwerksExpress logo critique.jpg
    SignwerksExpress logo critique.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 110

Marlene

"Werks" for "Works", can I ask why or why do you want to butcher a perfectly good word?

the gear thingy on the "S" in signs could work (or werk) with a little re-draw. the gear needs to be compeleted so that it doesn't have the sticky out thingy on the other side as I'm not sure what that is. the font could also be worked (werked) so that it looks more like it's part of the gear assembly as it looks like it almost is. see how the tail of the "g" in signs kind of looks like it is part of how the gear works (werks). the colors are kind of odd. it might work (werk) better in silver or grays and black as it would look more like a machine.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Bilious colors, bad typography, confusing and rather childish layout, and a cutesy business name. What more could anyone ask for?

The one notion that you might try to run with is the 'S' into gear image. Just not that 'S' and not that gear.

Jillbeans

I would take that S and tilit it just slightly forward.
Then bump down the IGN WERKS because it seems oddly arranged with the "W" so high.
Is it Sign Werks Express? Because Express seems to be just floating there.
Here are two quick suggestions. The second idea uses your S as a backdrop.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 105

Steve C.

I kinda like it. Colors too. I think the top of the S should some how be made
to line up with the top of the W. Put the word EXPRESS inside the panel,
make it bigger if you need to. Move CUSTOM SIGN FACTORY to the bottom.

Take all suggestion and comments with a grain of salt.

Marlene

I didn't design this logo, I only made the sign for them but it might help spark an idea as they used gears in their name too. I like the gear idea but I think you need to re-work it some.

Attachments

• pension works a1 to post.jpg
    pension works a1 to post.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 79

toddot

We used the "e" in works to avoid legal issues with a nearby SignWorks. Plus it gives it a nice German Flair! LOL I appreciate all the comments and criticisms! Thank you for all your input. Keep it coming.

SignManiac

I'm assuming the business name is SignWerks Express? I'd keep it close to the name and drop the other tag line beneath somewhere.

I think both Sign and Werks should share a similar baseline. I don't care for the HOLLYWOOD stagger effect. It looks all jabberwonky that way.

signmeup

I like it and the colours but it needs a few tweaks. Make the panel bigger and put "express" inside it and move the tag line under it. Fix the gear teeth. Gear teeth don't look like that. Move the top of the S inline with the dot on the i.