• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looking for a few members that would like to help moderate the site. Would like the meet the following requierments-

• been a member for at least 2 years
  • impartial
  • can follow the rules as outlined for the site
Duties
  • Moderated spam
  • moderate members if they break rules
Good luck to you volunteers. I couldn't do it. The lure of absolute crushing power would turn my soul to the dark side.

wayne k
guam usa

Johnny Best

Draft notices were not funny, one thing the army taught me, don't volunteer.
children2.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This is Paul's forum, his game, his everything. Why would you think the membership would get a say into a popularity contest ??

I would think, someone, no one here knows, would be his and your best bet.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Too bad. Once a forum becomes moderated it's time to move on. Nothing worse than a coven of petty little dipsticks each of whom are convinced that they are the soul of perception and prudence. As previously noted, that anyone wants the job is evidence that they shouldn't have it.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Too bad. Once a forum becomes moderated it's time to move on. Nothing worse than a coven of petty little dipsticks each of whom are convinced that they are the soul of perception and prudence. As previously noted, that anyone wants the job is evidence that they shouldn't have it.

I only want to be able to moderate the people not using a MM account to advertise on here.

ikarasu

I think this is mainly for spam. Theres been a lot of people, non MM, trying to sell stuff on here. And once you hit report... It usually takes a few days for the post to dissapear, and by then the damage is done.

I'd love to be able to delete posts like that. Theres tons of random chinese suppliers posting in every printer / cutter / laminator thread now.

In an ideal world, if something gets flagged 2-3 times... It should become invisible until someone "moderates" it. I'm sure some people will try to abuse that, but you can always block there ability to flag posts if you find them abusing it.

If mods are doing it right, it'll be helpful to the site. If it's someone who is power tripping... hopefully they get de-modded pretty quick.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I only want to be able to moderate the people not using a MM account to advertise on here.

Since you hawk your wares here it's no mystery why this might irritate you. It follows as the night unto the day that you are hardly objective and unbiased in these matters. But for others not looking to sell a product it doesn't mean squat. If it bothers the owner and operator of this sand box then it can do whatever it wants about it. But you, as one with something to be gained perhaps, should not be allowed anywhere near it.

...if mods are doing it right, it'll be helpful to the site...

There are no good moderators and moderators do no good. As far as 'helpful to the site', why would anyone in their right mind other than the proprietor ever concern themselves with what might be good or what might be bad for this particulate collection of 1's and 0's?

Status
Not open for further replies.