• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for Plans for work tables

bannertime

saw horses and MDO.

Lol, I've actually got this setup in my back room right now. We had a 5x20 table upfront, but had to cut half off for a new machine. So I got some adjustable saw horses and set an old 4x8 MDO sign on it. I actually prefer working on that table now. I can adjust the height or take it down completely in seconds.

Marlene

Lol, I've actually got this setup in my back room right now. We had a 5x20 table upfront, but had to cut half off for a new machine. So I got some adjustable saw horses and set an old 4x8 MDO sign on it. I actually prefer working on that table now. I can adjust the height or take it down completely in seconds.
I know it sounds stupid to some people but it makes a great work table and it's easy to build ;)

SIGNTIME

This is one of the ones we made, 2" and 1" steel tubing with 2 sheets of 3/4 plywood top. Adjustable feet and threaded rod welded to the casters. Its 5'x10' cutting mat get replaced roughly every 18 months.

Attachments

• table.jpg
    table.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 420
  • wheels.jpg
    wheels.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 410

gnubler

New shop table time! This is a 5x10' with shelving on one end for tools and brackets to hold saw tracks along the side. I want to put some kind of material on top for a work surface, not a cutting mat because this is primarily for doing dirty work like cutting panels, painting, etc. Did it all myself...made a phone call, found a handyman, took a few pictures of it being built, paid him... Turned out nice!

20230117_151244.jpg

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
New shop table time! This is a 5x10' with shelving on one end for tools and brackets to hold saw tracks along the side. I want to put some kind of material on top for a work surface, not a cutting mat because this is primarily for doing dirty work like cutting panels, painting, etc. Did it all myself...made a phone call, found a handyman, took a few pictures of it being built, paid him... Turned out nice!

View attachment 163539
Nice!

gnubler

Suggestions on a topper to protect the ply and look nicer in the shop? I was thinking a sheet of white polycarb but that's getting a bit pricey. Looking for something solid without seams.

Boudica

Suggestions on a topper to protect the ply and look nicer in the shop? I was thinking a sheet of white polycarb but that's getting a bit pricey. Looking for something solid without seams.
Butcher block?

Boudica

View attachment 163539
Do you have any other pictures? Post the pics taken during the building of it!
Is it all open in the middle, or is there a support beam we can't see?
I just re-read your post... I thought you made it, but you had someone make it for you?

gnubler

Hired someone to build it. It would have ended up like a Dr Suess table if I tried to make it. Guy knocked it out in about 8 hours and did a great job, I love it! Here's some shots showing the underside so you can see how it's supported.

20230119_113314.jpg

20230116_125731.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Probably the same guy who will build her lunch room and computer room. This will continue as the earth churns.

White Haus

Not a Newbie

I know you said without seams..............but we use sheets of 1/4" puckboard on our benchtops. Think it's also available in 1/8" thick but we found 1/4" works best. Can get about a year of cutting/abuse then flip it over.
We've got 5' x 8' benches and have a butt seam and it works fine other than once a year you end up burying a knife in the seam lol.

I can share pics of what it looks like if it helps.

PS. Nice bench!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sillies................. you're both wrong. That's a spoof off of the old carol burnett shows 'as the stomach turns'. I just changed the wording to protect the innocent. Gotta be careful with the members these days, they're very touchy about everything.

Have a wonderful day, sunshine

:awesome:

2B

We use 12mm PVC for out work surface