• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for some critiques

stephenj148

Client owns a protective coatings company, much like Linex and Rhino Lining. He was looking for a new logo because his business is fairly new and he has not yet had anyone to design anything for him. Basically looking for something simple, yet interesting and appealing (as with any logo). Taking some other members advice, I started in black/white design and I just want to see some thoughts of other people on things that I could add, remove, change etc...

Open to any and all comments. Just trying to get a better design, learning experience.

He suggested maybe having a guy spraying. Not sure of how to incorporate it. I was thinking of maybe using a script font and have it appear that the man was spraying out the text. Not sure how I like the idea. This is what I have so far.

Attachments

• NEPC_LOGO.jpg
    NEPC_LOGO.jpg
    595.2 KB · Views: 123

Stealth Ryder

Client owns a protective coatings company, much like Linex and Rhino Lining. He was looking for a new logo because his business is fairly new and he has not yet had anyone to design anything for him. Basically looking for something simple, yet interesting and appealing (as with any logo). Taking some other members advice, I started in black/white design and I just want to see some thoughts of other people on things that I could add, remove, change etc...

Open to any and all comments. Just trying to get a better design, learning experience.

He suggested maybe having a guy spraying. Not sure of how to incorporate it. I was thinking of maybe using a script font and have it appear that the man was spraying out the text. Not sure how I like the idea. This is what I have so far.

The image will not display???

Craig Sjoquist

Well 1st I see a old font ... a good image
a panel used ...also good
both show stable
the tiny person spraying well good for cards and in your face reading and seeing
but in logo it needs to be recognized as what it is so much larger or a part or a recognized effect...

this would be my next level to look at since you got a great start

signgal

my first thought is that Northeast is very readable and the protective coating is jumbled together, so people won't know what the company does immediately. Like the emphasis is on the wrong part, which I can understand cuz that's long but that's my only thought so far.

Mosh

A side note: our local car dealer tryed getting into this a few years back. I was out there lettering a truck when a hose broke or something, they sprayed the whole side of a brand new F-150 with this bed lining stuff. They don't offer this service anymore.

toucan_graphics

I would reverse the "NORTHEAST" rather than the words I can't read. Adjust font size and spacing a bit and tweak it but here is a start. I would also make all the letters the same size or make the last letter the same size as the "N" for balance.

NPC.jpg

petrosgraphics

if you know someone that can sandblast the background, use hdu 15lb. foam
and blast the background leaving a raised border and the lettering...
the effect on the background would look like the coating they spray...

stephenj148

A side note: our local car dealer tryed getting into this a few years back. I was out there lettering a truck when a hose broke or something, they sprayed the whole side of a brand new F-150 with this bed lining stuff. They don't offer this service anymore.

OH NO! Fortunately the kid is very talented and worked previously for a Line-x dealer. He puts protective masks over the entire vehicle to avoid accidents such as this.

stephenj148

I feel the direction I'm headed with this design has a more "sign" feel to it. Looking for something more logo looking... can anyone help?

Jillbeans

It does look more sign-like than a logo.
Here is an idea, in which the name is supposed to look like it has a coating running down over it, but sort of failed miserably.
:doh:
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 93

rjpjr

a corporate look...

Attachments

• Northeast-Protective-Coatings-03.08.10.jpg
    Northeast-Protective-Coatings-03.08.10.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 89

Gordy Saunders

Create the image with a sheet of translucent film being laid over it. Have the film laying over half of the image from left to right with the right edge curled up and in the process of being laid down on the remainder of the image. It will carry the thought of protective coatings with it. Just an idea that might work for you.

stephenj148

Okay, so after some time away from this design, I decided to go back to it, considering the ideas people have left. I combined rjpjr idea of showing the direction (northeast) and the way that JillBeans had the text with something behind it and this is what I've come up with. I do not like "protective coatings" but i'm open to any critiques with this design.

Attachments

• NEPC_LOGO3.jpg
    NEPC_LOGO3.jpg
    624.6 KB · Views: 96

Service Sign Co

The last one is a little hard to read,not really getting the compass with the north eastern point,the letter styles are good. I messed around with one kind of like Jill's. The prism letter may be a little much.

Last edited:

TheSellOut

I like the compass Idea and this is just a suggestion but..try making your compass much smaller and centered above the "NorthEast" lettering with the NE red point not sticking out as far, like in the attached image. Then add the same size point for NW, SW, & SE, in a light shade of grey. Change the color of "NorthEast" to black and drop the outlines!

Attachments

• compass.jpg
    compass.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 102

stephenj148

The last one is a little hard to read,not really getting the compass with the north eastern point,the letter styles are good. I messed around with one kind of like Jill's. The prism letter may be a little much.

Thank you for your help and input. I like the design, but it still feels sign like to me and I'm trying to head towards a logo idea...Do you have any other suggestions?