• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for some critiques

stephenj148

hows this?

Attachments

• NEPC_LOGO4.jpg
    NEPC_LOGO4.jpg
    580 KB · Views: 93

signmeup

rjpjr has presented the only logo so far and is barely acknowledged. It's simple, clean, clever, to the point, easy to use on anything and it will even work in black and white. Doesn't get much better than that.

stephenj148

rjpjr has presented the only logo so far and is barely acknowledged. It's simple, clean, clever, to the point, easy to use on anything and it will even work in black and white. Doesn't get much better than that.
very true. even though people post up samples of their work, it always makes me cringe to start using the ideas people post. So I tried to use a few ideas form peoples posts. Guess I better keep working.

SignManiac

I like to contrast fonts and type weight to create visual interest. And I like logos that are very simple and easy to read. Here's something that might work using the star design you have.

And ditto to what Signmeup just said about RFPJK's suggestion!

Attachments

• northeast.jpg
    northeast.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 90

stephenj148

I'm really open to any suggestions. I'm not sure how I like the compass idea. Just got the idea from rjpjr and decided to give it a try. Wishing I could come up with something to use for the protective coatings idea...

signmeup

Here's an even simpler one. Looks like a pyramid from above or maybe a diamond. Both tough and durable items.

Attachments

• Northeast.jpg
    Northeast.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 96

stephenj148

hmm dont have that unfortunately. I like it thought. Its rugged looking with the angled edges. Now if I could just make a design to go along with the font

Service Sign Co

I don't know if my suggestions are as well as the other logos.You could put the compass in the O but the others with it on the left side look better

Last edited:

Jillbeans

I never thought about rj's being a compass point until it was "pointed" out.
D'oh!
That was a great suggestion. Really simple, maybe TOO simple for dullards such as myself.
:)
I think I would try that but play down the name and play up protective coatings.

Marlene

the compass is way over done and serves no real purpose in selling the product. rjpjr's idea with the hint of one was great. it is a good looking logo and if someone did see a compass in it, fine, but if not, it still works.

signmeup

Here's where you can get the font "Autumn" in post #27
http://www.buyfonts.com/fontlist.htm#A
I think it came with Xara Xtreme5 along with about a thousand others. I did notice a Xara link on the Buy Fonts site. "November" is pretty cool too. I think you get all the fonts on that site free if you buy Xara. Don't quote me though.