• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Machine taking forever to start up

dajama2k

I have a Agfa GSU Am which is the same as a RH3 or spitfire. We had a tech try to update the firmware for a different ink system and none of them worked. I got with mutoh and got our 2 original firmwares that the machine ran 1.01 and 1.02. Right now i am running 1.01 on it. The machine can take more than a half hour to start up it used to take a minute before he came. Also somehow he unloaded the firmware for the network card he sent me a program and the firmware for the card but everytime i try to load it it times out. I am able to print through the parralel port which i dont mind doing. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get this thing to start faster?

artbot

this is absolutely not what is going on with your printer. but! just in case nothing else makes sense... i had an old encad that suddenly started taking forever to start up and in the end it was a power supply going bad.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Can the tech return the machine to what it was prior to the standstill speed ?? Sounds as if he might've done something wrong. I would think he is responsible.

randya

It is possible that this machine was modified and will not run Mutoh firmware properly.

I dont show any firmware for Agfa here.

Gino's right, see if it runs with the original Agfa firmware.

If it runs with the Agfa firmware and not the Mutoh firmware, perhaps they have modified the machine and/or have their own firmware that is not completely compatible.