• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Maintaining shop temps

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Be sure to have plenty of airflow if you’re doing it that way.

We let our shop get down to mid sixties in the winter and mid seventies in the summer. We find that controlling humidity and dust matters more than a 10 degree swing in temperature.

victor bogdanov

why 72? I like around 65 in the winter and it gets 50s at night.

80 is the best my AC will do when its 105 outside in the summer.

Humidity seems to be more have more effect on things than temp.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
why 72? I like around 65 in the winter and it gets 50s at night.

80 is the best my AC will do when its 105 outside in the summer.

Humidity seems to be more have more effect on things than temp.
the only problem with 50's at night is, you end up with POTENTIALLY a 22 degree swing in ink temp during the day. i am not a chemist, and have never done a viscosity test on my inks, but i am sure i make some of my own problems with the temperature range.

i am concerned how my MP31 inks are going to behave with the temperature swing.
(we will know in a werk or so)

victor bogdanov

the only problem with 50's at night is, you end up with POTENTIALLY a 22 degree swing in ink temp during the day. i am not a chemist, and have never done a viscosity test on my inks, but i am sure i make some of my own problems with the temperature range.

i am concerned how my MP31 inks are going to behave with the temperature swing.
(we will know in a werk or so)
I haven't had any problems, I say 20+ degree swings daily, Only if I let humidity get over 65% the material stats getting wavy but that gets fixed as soon as humidity drops down. Eco sol inks and Colorado (which mixes inks 24/7 and heats ink up very hot in the heads around 200 degrees I think)

Stacey K

I like making signs
If I kept it at 72 I'd be running around in my underware. I keep it at 65-68 in winter depending if I'm moving around or sitting at the computer. I have a small space heater for my feet since no basement and concrete floor. During the weekend I'll turn it down to 63. My HP 115 seems to run just fine keeping the temp between 62-75 in summer.

We have a wood stove at home and it's often 78 in the house. I go outside to cool down in my shorts and tank top. I hate it but everyone else loves the tropical feel.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's tough on a machine when it needs to warm up itself and it's innards, but when the air temperature is too cold, it just makes the machine(s) hafta work that much harder to produce properly.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The whole unit in general.

How long does it take your printer to warm up and warm up all the components in order to print in the summertime ?? Now, how long in the winter ?? Your printer must generate all that heat for the heads, inks and other parts whether we're talking flatbeds, laser, solvent or latex. You honestly don't think it's harder for the machine to operate in cold than in warm ?? Again, too warm is also a problem, just not on heating things up.

Next, what's the temperature of the substrate, you're running through ?? Do you think your ink is being absorbed or cured as well when the machine hasta produce all the heat..... sufficiently ??

We keep our shop around 65º where the flatbed is..... and the solvent room around 67º and we still run in batches. We don't need printers running 24/7, so we try to condense jobs and run them in bulk.

victor bogdanov

You honestly don't think it's harder for the machine to operate in cold than in warm ??
If you are in the operating range of the machine it's not "harder" or "easier" for the machine

Warm up time exactly the same winter/summer. Colorado 8 min exactly regardless of temp, Rolands print right way, always skip waiting from dryer to heat up (about a minute without skipping)

netsol

Premium Subscriber
Victor
the MP31 ink actually has a warning, that if it is stored in a lower temp room, allow ink to warm for 3 hours before printing.