• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Make A Sandwich Of 3 Acrylic Sheet

bigben

So I've got an interesting question from one of my customer. She want a sandwich of 3/8 clear acrylic, 1/4 transparent yellow acrylic and 3/8 clear acrylic. I can't use any hardware or anykind of frame. Is there a way to bond those 3 sheets with an optically clear glue or tape?

heyskull

Chloroform!!!

I haven't used it since the 80s.
We got it from the local Vets of all places as it was what they used as animal sedation!!!
Bloody dangerous stuff.

You can dip each sheet and place it on top of the other and it will seal perfectly.
The only down side is Chloroform is water soluble so if the sheet is outside the edges will have to be sealed with something else.

SC

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I'd try the same cement you use to put trim cap on channel letters faces. Test a couple of pieces and see if it does what you need it to do.
Likewise, practice your Google-fu and see if there's a supplier who can provide what you need. Be prepared for ridiculous pricing and long lead times, though.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I have a question for her...... Is this some form of exercise or is there an actual goal to this request ??

In other words, what is the end result gonna be ?? Knowing what she wants to obtain will help tremendously....... I think. :confused:

Marlene

is she matching something that has been done or just asking for stupid ideas that popped into her head?

I think an optically clear mounting film would work, the one that they use to mount photos in acrylic mounts. Just use a good pressure in your laminator. I used these when mounting photo print in reverse to an acrylic sheet for photographers. Mactac permacolor 2100 series

henryz

Exactly what Jsonpaul suggested, except I was going to say - Optimount from seal. watch this video on youtube.

henryz

Gino, I hope you didn't watch the entire video, it was to demonstrate bigben how that product works. My bad next time I'll skip those videos. lol

bigben

is she matching something that has been done or just asking for stupid ideas that popped into her head?

She saw this in a design trade show and want to recreate it.

I think an optically clear mounting film would work, the one that they use to mount photos in acrylic mounts. Just use a good pressure in your laminator. I used these when mounting photo print in reverse to an acrylic sheet for photographers. Mactac permacolor 2100 series

Exactly what Jsonpaul suggested, except I was going to say - Optimount from seal. watch this video on youtube.

Thanks! I will try those options.