• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Making a standing banner for our shop, thoughts?

Billct2

Better...but I think it should be Custom Commercial Signs... and if you use initial caps they should be on all the words in the line.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
  • Your usage of type is horrendous.
  • Your kerning is atrocious
  • Your color balance is all wrong
  • Your logo tagline is terrible

Just too busy and confusing, along with an outrageous eye flow. Everything is stacked and your eyes go right to the bottom, as you have it geared that way.

You said this is a start-up company a few threads ago. How'd you get all those jobs under your belt which appear on your website ?? Or is that all someone else's work other than a few of the parking signs and such ?? Have you given the actual people responsible for those jobs due credit and mention ??

Peachtree Signs

• Your usage of type is horrendous.
  • Your kerning is atrocious
  • Your color balance is all wrong
  • Your logo tagline is terrible
Just too busy and confusing, along with an outrageous eye flow. Everything is stacked and your eyes go right to the bottom, as you have it geared that way.

You said this is a start-up company a few threads ago. How'd you get all those jobs under your belt which appear on your website ?? Or is that all someone else's work other than a few of the parking signs and such ?? Have you given the actual people responsible for those jobs due credit and mention ??
I'm sure it's all generic templates and stock images, I didn't design the webpage

I did tell the boss we need to put our own work on there once we get some

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure it's all generic templates and stock images, I didn't design the webpage

I did tell the boss we need to put our own work on there once we get some

Sooo...... until ya get some of your own work. it's alright to plagiarize ?? Do you know or even realize on how many levels this is frowned upon and even can have legal steps taken against you and your company ?? I wouldn't be surprised if people on this forum might report it. What' you're doing is 110% wrong.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
That website is lies and a scam. Something didnt add up when I saw the CNN sign and then that hideous banner. Good for you for TRYING to come and get tips on how to design... shame on the owner for all that shit he put on the site. I say we need to mmmmmpeach the owner.

Peachtree Signs

Sooo...... until ya get some of your own work. it's alright to plagiarize ?? Do you know or even realize on how many levels this is frowned upon and even can have legal steps taken against you and your company ?? I wouldn't be surprised if people on this forum might report it. What' you're doing is 110% wrong.

I understand due diligence is important, stock images are fair use and are mere place holders, we haven't even officially opened yet

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I understand due diligence is important, stock images are fair use and are mere place holders, we haven't even officially opened yet

Where do you get your facts ?? Who said you can steal and use other peoples' property as your own and deceive yet other people ?? No images are free. Plain & Simple. Not for the use you're speaking.

Make sure to double (and triple) check the usage rights to the images you’re buying. You want to make sure that you can use them on your website to promote your services, and you need to know how you need to give credit to the photographer.

You will also need to know what types of edits you can make to the images you choose (such as cropping, adding overlays, adding your own products, or changing or removing items) and where you can use them (social media, website, opt-ins, webinar slides, etc.).

Each photographer and website will have different guidelines and restrictions, so make sure you’re familiar with them so you won’t run into legal problems in the future. (Just a tip: keep the receipt after you download your new image so you have it for future reference.)

If you’re working with a designer to find these images, make sure that the correct person purchases them. If your designer purchases your image, they may or may not be allowed to transfer ownership to you. If you want to own the rights to use an image in more ways than just on your website, you may need to purchase it yourself so that you have that ability.

And that's just for starters.

Peachtree Signs

Where do you get your facts ?? Who said you can steal and use other peoples' property as your own and deceive yet other people ?? No images are free. Plain & Simple. Not for the use you're speaking.

Make sure to double (and triple) check the usage rights to the images you’re buying. You want to make sure that you can use them on your website to promote your services, and you need to know how you need to give credit to the photographer.

You will also need to know what types of edits you can make to the images you choose (such as cropping, adding overlays, adding your own products, or changing or removing items) and where you can use them (social media, website, opt-ins, webinar slides, etc.).

Each photographer and website will have different guidelines and restrictions, so make sure you’re familiar with them so you won’t run into legal problems in the future. (Just a tip: keep the receipt after you download your new image so you have it for future reference.)

If you’re working with a designer to find these images, make sure that the correct person purchases them. If your designer purchases your image, they may or may not be allowed to transfer ownership to you. If you want to own the rights to use an image in more ways than just on your website, you may need to purchase it yourself so that you have that ability.

And that's just for starters.
The placeholder graphics were provided by the web developer and will be replaced when we get some work in

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
this was my other idea, probably looks too busy

my boss likes the tree yes i know it's not anatomically correct
On the right track....now lose the background, change the typefaces, and convince SOMEONE that the peach in the logo has to go. Sometimes a letter in a name lends itself to another shape (like a peach), but the letter C in no way works as a peach.

Johnny Best

Untitled-1.jpg

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
The placeholder graphics were provided by the web developer and will be replaced when we get some work in

It is wrong to misrepresent yourself like that. Showing in your "Gallery": Wells Fargo, FedEx and CNN and representing them as your client is a lie. Have you guys done ANY signs yet? How are you getting into this business without having ANY prior sign builds?

When I started my website I had a picture of my vehicle and various shots of my equipment. I had photos of my wife applying pre-mask (on my vehicle lettering) and various parts of the install process. I didn't have pages and pages of signs but a least I had photos of my own stuff...limited as it was.

There is something really off about your boss doing what he did on that website.

MF Matthew

"Give me PRINTING or give me DEATH"
I do like the graphic, but I feel that is lacking more "POP". I, personally, would add some of the services that I do. Maybe inside the peach, or something, similar.