• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Making Videos

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
I am finishing up a class on making videos. I took the class to learn how to make videos for sign makers. My instructor wants to grade two videos. So, I am looking for one or two volunteers.

I am looking to make an
“About Us” type video for a sign shop that has a website.

The objective, strategy, and tactic.

The objective is to inform potential clients about what you do better than most others.

The strategy will be focused on the sign-making skills that you enjoy using every day.

The tactic will be to produce a people-centered video demonstration of what you like about your favorite sign project and why your clients are thrilled with the result.

Then we shall see how my instructor grades it. Should be fun.

To my reader right now. If you have any questions or any interest level in volunteering to work with me on this video project, then I invite you to send me a message, an email, or raise your questions right here.

Last edited:

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Gee, I'd love to help you Robert, but I cannot volunteer. My appearance fee is $300/hour and you would need to go through my agent.

Johnny Best

My granddaughter in first grade can make videos on an IPhone. And millions on Istagram have it down to a science. On my Nikon D7100 I just put the dial on the movie icon on a tripod. Push the button and ir automatically focuses and everything.
Hope your not spending money for classes on this subject Robert.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
My granddaughter in first grade can make videos on an IPhone. And millions on Istagram have it down to a science. On my Nikon D7100 I just put the dial on the movie icon on a tripod. Push the button and ir automatically focuses and everything.
Hope your not spending money for classes on this subject Robert.
Johnny Best Yes, what you describe is very true. Once you have made the iPhone video, the difference is in what to do with the video to make it ready to do the best job on your webpage. In other words, editing and polishing the raw video to make it the best possible. Stringing together various segments, with appropriate transitions. Cropping. Adding text and links. Adding music in certain spots, voice-overs. All of these tactics require a little higher level of skill. That is what my instructor has been teaching me. Johnny Best I hope that explains a little. I appreciate your input.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It seems you want one's hands in on every aspect of one's business. There is such a thing called delegating and micromanaging. Why not let the professionals do their job and the sign people do their job and perhaps a happy middle will be formed. Sure, there are people in the sign industry who might know this stuff and wanna do it, but how much time are you allowing to do your real business ??

Z SIGNS

Sorry can't volunteer. I already gave at the office.
On another note.
As useless as your offering's are to me.
I admire your persistence.
Hang in there and keep slugging. There is somebody out there that needs you.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Am I missing something here? This is your class and you want us to make a video for you to turn in for a grade. Isn't that called cheating?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
For most people the problem is time. You can pay someone to make a real slick video for your business but even that requires more time than many people have right now.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Am I missing something here? This is your class and you want us to make a video for you to turn in for a grade. Isn't that called cheating?
Jester1167 Thanks for asking. Let me clarify. My instructor is fully aware that I want to work with sign makers. His assignment specifically stated that I should find a sign maker who would volunteer to let me make a video for them. I will make the video. All I need is someone who is willing to give me a chance. I will do all of the heavy lifting and production.
Jester1167 I hope that helps.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
For most people the problem is time. You can pay someone to make a real slick video for your business but even that requires more time than many people have right now.
Notarealsignguy Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it. Yes, time is tight. Yes, it will take some time to work with me on making this video. Because I know that time is tight, I will listen and ask important questions to get it done as fast as possible.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Sorry can't volunteer. I already gave at the office.
On another note.
As useless as your offering's are to me.
I admire your persistence.
Hang in there and keep slugging. There is somebody out there that needs you.
Z SIGNS Thank you for the encouragement. Your "I admire your persistence" means a lot to me.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
Gee, I'd love to help you Robert, but I cannot volunteer. My appearance fee is $300/hour and you would need to go through my agent.

Boudica
you forgot the request for champagne, fresh fruits, caviar etc in the dressing room, transportation requirements
(and we have to negotiate the residuals....)

i can forward you some forms so you will be better prepared in the future
or we can get someone to represent you.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Saturday.
I realize that many of you are super busy during the workweek.
I have deliberately determined that I want to make Saturdays available to sign makers.
We can talk about making a video, or any other sign-making business topic you may want to discuss.
Let me emphasize, I have only one intention, one goal, and that is to team up with you to improve some part of your business. Ultimately improve your profitability, your bottom line.
The process: get acquainted, begin to talk about challenges, sort them out and prioritize, then map out potential solutions, take one small step, evaluate, either take another small step or adjust the course.
The real key is that I am on your team with only one role, to help you solve your challenges. With my more than four decades in the sign-making industry and my private network of resources and support, there is a high possibility of success.
And then, as soon as you start talking with me, within five minutes you will know if you want to continue.
Book a time on Saturday is your first step.

https://robertarmerding.youcanbook.me/

Hello again Robert. I'm not sure about you, but my weekends are mine. Only family gets that time unless I have prior arrangements made and they certainly will not be to play with video games or make movies. How does this new movie-maker role fit into sign making? You may want to try website people and internet developers instead of sign people. Seems to me, you are barking up the wrong tree with this.