• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

material size

gabagoo

I was just curious about this issue. When I load my Mimaki with 54" material it will set up and usually the readout will be 52.8". Now if I set my rip to 52.8" and then send a job out with lets say a 1.5" inset, do I really have 51.3" of print area?

ColesCreations

What about just printing a stripe on the media and measure what it REALLY does?
Also, have you measured your 54" media? I am pretty sure our Mimaki shows the width of the Media.

thewood

The Mimaki only shows the printable area. I can print up to about 53.5" on a 54" roll. You can set the margins to be smaller.

ColesCreations

Yeah... I was a bit off.

We have the margins set at -10.

To be exact, just checked, with 500 mm media (20"), it shows 492 mm, which is 8 mm (5/16") less than the media.

So- The Mimaki will print 5/16" less than the full width, with margins at -10.

And, if you want 1 1/2" margins, @-10, then specify 1 11/32" inset, or set the margins @ 1 1/2" and let the printer come up with the answer I guess...

Back to my initial answer, the easiest way is to print a stripe and check, just to be sure...

Nice to know...

Last edited: