• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

may have fried jv3 firewire board? HELP!

artbot

i may be in some real trouble. i have a huge delivery going on a truck this sunday.

here's what happened. i was trying to pull my rip station a way about six inches or so from the printer. i've heard that the firewire boards and such are very sensitive so i was painfully careful as i slid the computer. i go to print and i get the message in rasterlink:

1394: Can't open port (F) <bus reset occurred (-5364121483)- (oxo2010105)

how do i go about isolating what this is? do i need to reinstall rasterlink? is there a firmware test?

worse off is i am printing on mahogany veneer (white plus color) it's a must finish project. last time i missed a truck i had to overnight something for $2000.00 (yes that is right thousand).

please if anyone can help please respond.

iSign

normally, I would feel real helpful just saying "contact artbot" :(

some guy posted parting out a JV3 just the other day, but that doesn't really address you question... hopefully you wont need to look at that level of response...

good luck at any rate

artbot

getting a sick feeling. i went to "add" printer. and when you click jv3160sp usually you see "idle printer" show up in the list. ..... i'm wondering if i can just get through this job using a parallel port? it's not that much printing. but it's a component of two big multi-media pieces going to a hospital on long island (one is 10' the other 8'). would probably take two hours or less.

Attachments

• LIJH PROP.jpg
    LIJH PROP.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 67

artbot

@custom grafx thanks for the link (haven't started deep searching yet. but will in the next minutes).

when i look in the device manager, it says for the 1394 controller "this device is working properly". i'm going to search this forum and yahoo jv3. i can't believe it's midnight (i skipped thanksgiving with the family to work), i've got to get this stuff printed.

MikePro

o man that blows.
only experience i can lend is that i once moved my printer and the cord yanked out of the firewire port.... so badly that i bend the metal connector components and upon reconnection, my rip couldn't recognize my printer.

was paranoid that i'd need a new firewire board, as plugging into the secondary did not work either. In the end, i only needed a new firewire cable!
useless story out of the way, my best guess at your problem would be to say that you may have done something to your PC's firewire card/software. Do you have any other computers at the shop that you can install your rip/drivers on asap?
o, and stop working on the holidays :) best of luck!

artbot

kent with macmedia has contacted me with an emergency repair scenario. ...the thing is my buyer doesn't buy graphics except from me. and i many times deliver later over the years because of a blown power supply, or bad head, etc. it starts to sound like i am just making up a technical issue because i'm behind schedule.

artbot

@mikepro. i'm going to look at that. i had my "auxiliary white cartridge fall on the ground. but it fell so far away from the cord, i didn't figure it made any contact.

it might have smacked it and then bounced over a few feet? i've got some other cords. oh man if it's this easy i'm going to kiss the purple giant.

artbot

@mikepro!!! changed the cord and it's alive again. i can't believe it was that easy. but thank you. i would have never tried a new cord. i mean it's a cord. the cart must have fallen on the cord? who knows. now i have to find out why i'm not getting any pesky white from the black channel, it looks primed to me. but that i can handle.

thanks to everyone, thank god, thank santa claus, ...all the turkeys that gave their lives so that we can eat thanksgiving, thank you nature, thank you laws of physics! i will print tonight.

wedosigns

Converting the mimaki is on the back burner for now. Been busy printing pre-election signs.
Looks like you have a real niche with what you print! Great prints-Great Layouts
The turkey gods were with you on fixing your printer,lol
Happy Thanks Giving

MikePro

@mikepro!!! changed the cord and it's alive again. i can't believe it was that easy. but thank you.
Heck yeah! Congrats man!
I was debating even sharing that story, as i'm still baffled @ how it was the fix for me as well! Also added that I now have my firewire cable zip-tied to my printer to keep from pulling on it ever again!

Happy Turkey! :toasting:

J

john1

Awesome to hear a solution to your issue! I too would be freaking out.

Now get to printing and collecting $ :)

artbot

yeah! i've got two cats (hate cats) and a wiener dog running and jumping over the cord . i almost punted the wiener dog into the kitchen when he sped by (keep in mind, my rig is in the living or not-living room). it's time for some zip ties.

@john1 no sleep for me! i do need to collect. i've got some expensive ideas banging around. unfortunately this is my "payback" year where i pay off equity from a six year old divorce. grrrrr x1000. i try not to think about it.

artbot

thanks, after that was solved... white ink starvation issues, then the worst encoder staggering i've ever seen. i got 1 of 14 printed. the mimaki gods do not like me.

ruckusman

Gorgeous looking work, would love to know if you're doing any preparation to the timber as an inkjet receptor layer