• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Melting Rubber Roller on Gerber HS15 plus

stitchup

Those rollers are quite cheap. Here in the UK they are about £50. One of mine has gone a bit sticky and we just apply a bit of talcolm (Johnsons Baby powder) powder onto it. Still working a treat a couple of years after doing this. I should replace it though.

I'm in the UK too and wonder where you found the parts you referred to as 'cheap' :) ?

John Russell

Forgive me if I don't describe this correctly. It appears that sometime over the past week or so, that my boss came in and did not like the way the small rubber roller that clamps the sprockets down looked, and cleaned it with denatured alcohol. This cutter is used a couple of times a month, at most. Now the roller is sticky and gooey.

Any suggestions of how to solve this messy issue?

Thanks in advance

Ken Miller

netsol

Premium Subscriber
i would suggest calling jimmy the plotter doctor in california (google them)
i don't like faking out my rollers (although for 25 yrs i have been the worst offender with other parts, from my time in commercial video, nothing but original parts touching the media ) (UNLESS ORIGINAL IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE)

to me this is a stupid place to save a small amount of money

davedavedave

just got my gerber2 and my hs15plus... i have a similar problem... the big rubber roll is kind of sticky ... looks like its about to dissolve lol
will test the stuff on the weekend... it looks like its still useable but im sure in need to replace this thing... i was on the plotter docotrs page and this roll is 300 bucks...
not sure if i shouild get the roll or if i straight go for a used hs15plus or envision ....

Jburns

clean the rails really well, add a few drops of oil. then do test cuts. If it cuts well then maybe spend the 300 ish on a new roller. If not - then maybe let it go

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
is there a test cut pattern or something for the hs15plus wich i can use without software?

Yes, it's called the wagon wheel test plot, the square/circle test plot, and the X08 test plot.

They're accessible via the special diagnostic events mentioned in the manual. No software required.

I've attached a few pages from the Gerber manual explaining the tests. I've also included a couple pages of the error code troubleshooting guide if you should run into issues.

A few years ago, I drove two hours to look at a nearly new GS15+. I didn't have a laptop to take with me, but I took a pen tool and a roll of pounce paper and ran the aforementioned diagnostics. I went home with an absolutely perfect plotter for $1,200 US.

Had the seller known about the on-board diagnostics, they could have sold it for over twice what I paid.

JB

Attachments

• Gerber Wagon Wheel Diagnostic.pdf
    67 KB · Views: 143

davedavedave

thx alot will try everything out tonight... i will buy some power cords today... the ones which came with my machines are for the UK LOL and im in Germany... are there any problems with the volatage ? germany and Uk should be the same i think? in germany we have 230v... i just want to make sure it doesnt blow out the fuse or damages the machines ...

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
thx alot will try everything out tonight... i will buy some power cords today... the ones which came with my machines are for the UK LOL and im in Germany... are there any problems with the volatage ? germany and Uk should be the same i think? in germany we have 230v... i just want to make sure it doesnt blow out the fuse or damages the machines ...

There should be a tag next to the power cord plug-in and switch that states voltage.

JB

davedavedave

Yes, it's called the wagon wheel test plot, the square/circle test plot, and the X08 test plot.

They're accessible via the special diagnostic events mentioned in the manual. No software required.

I've attached a few pages from the Gerber manual explaining the tests. I've also included a couple pages of the error code troubleshooting guide if you should run into issues.

A few years ago, I drove two hours to look at a nearly new GS15+. I didn't have a laptop to take with me, but I took a pen tool and a roll of pounce paper and ran the aforementioned diagnostics. I went home with an absolutely perfect plotter for $1,200 US.

Had the seller known about the on-board diagnostics, they could have sold it for over twice what I paid.

JB

i made the tests they came out perfect..
i also managed to setup the gerber edge 2...
but im still having problems with the hs15 plus...

first serial cable i tried , i couldnt find win drivers for the usb adapter... it was from the user before me he had mac...
second cable i tried, seemed to be ok the usb adapter com port was working, i was able to send jobs BUT i dont know what it was doing looked like when a child was drawing... the seeeings of the com port inside windevice manager and flexi both were like it says inside of the hs15 manual...

i wanted to try out one more cable, then while removing, i noticed the port on the plotter is kind of loose on one side, it gets pushed inside when im connecting a cable...
there is no resistance (there on one side )
the pins dont go inside all the way on one side i think this could be the reasson why it cutted like a little child...maybe no real connection were established because a few pins couldnt send receive...

im not sure if i should take a look inside?!?!

Last edited:

davedavedave

got it working... the cable i made is very simple just three pins...

tx to tx
rx to rx
and
gnd to gnd

the worst problem was finding out i had to disable RTS CTS and DSR inside flexi production manager....
not sure what they for but its working without them...