• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

memjet wide format - extreme speed

artbot

i remember some kind of gantry printer from japan and also the "painting machine" that pulled paint directly from soup cans with a wire (called a wirejet) and blew the paint off the wire with air. i almost bought one of those. still wish i did.

Flame

I call bs. Dude...come on, it ain't happening.

1. Who cares, who really needs a printer that fast.

2. How the **** you going to dry media quick enough? Unless they invented ink too

3. I could do the same demonstration with my valuejet, with a straight on shot, with pre-printed media that I'm just rolling through the machine.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I call bs. Dude...come on, it ain't happening.

1. Who cares, who really needs a printer that fast.

2. How the **** you going to dry media quick enough? Unless they invented ink too

3. I could do the same demonstration with my valuejet, with a straight on shot, with pre-printed media that I'm just rolling through the machine.

Looks like a real printer with some pretty large print heads daisy chained together:
http://www.memjet.com/images/company_info/wide_format2_RGB.jpg

Looks like it is all interior (water based maybe)Dye ink - can be made to dry pretty fast

My 1304 can't feed material that fast, pre-printed or not.....

wayne k
guam usa

artbot

i'd love to have one. i print on mainly flat media (right now running white ink layers on 4x8's of finished mahogany). snore... i'd be in bed and done with a printer like that. instead i'll be up all night waiting 20 minutes a piece for these sheets.

Farmboy

A search turned up that there is still no release date or price on these printers. At least I didn't come across any.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i just don't see this becoming a production machine.

the cost and upkeep cost has to make it unprofitable.

IMUEHO

R08

i just don't see this becoming a production machine.

the cost and upkeep cost has to make it unprofitable.

IMUEHO

agreed as far as regular sign shops go... but it may have a niche type market where volume and pricing are important. Like posters perhaps.

IMUEHO (first time I've seen this one... in my uneducated? humble opinion?)

andy

i remember some kind of gantry printer from japan and also the "painting machine" that pulled paint directly from soup cans with a wire (called a wirejet) and blew the paint off the wire with air. i almost bought one of those. still wish i did.

Digital airbrush machines....

We used one many moons ago to print a bus wrap for a large fast food restaurant chain.. the results were pretty sweet if I recall.

I think it worked like a CNC flat bed on it's side... the media was stretched tight and held vertical whilst the gantries flew around firing paint

R08

Digital airbrush machines....

We used one many moons ago to print a bus wrap for a large fast food restaurant chain.. the results were pretty sweet if I recall.

I think it worked like a CNC flat bed on it's side... the media was stretched tight and held vertical whilst the gantries flew around firing paint

That brings back memories. I believe one was called the Michaelangelo(sp?). They sent me a sample of a print on a piece of carpet once. Looked great for its time.
Always wondered what ever happened to those. I wanted one but as I recall they where very expensive.

AUTO-FX

I had a salesman stop in my shop way back, telling me all about one of these[airbrush machines], and he said there was someone local to me that bought one. I kept my eyes peeled for months and never saw anything on the street done with it.He was touting the use of waterbased paint with it, if I remember right. Never saw that salesman again either. I always suspected it must have had serious flaws.

Typestries

It's not BS. I have seen the print samples here in my shop and a vid of the machine running here on the East Coast. A member here is getting one that's specific to the corrugated printing industry built by Sun and Kodak. The print quality is amazing at 500 FPM across a sheet's width. Yes 500 linear feet per minute, or roughly 2000 sq ft per MINUTE. Small drop size, high rez, it's comparable to the anapurna or vutek QS quality wise (maybe even better).

I'll wait for him to chime in. It's the real deal and will be the next big evolution in this industry.