• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Metal Business Cards

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
If you are gonna market metal cards, you really are in the wrong forum, most think cards should only cost 50 bucks for 1000. Now 50 dollar cards have their use, but that should not be the "standard" for a business card.

Panerai

He was being a di#% but only a little one.

haha very small, no seriously... its not an outtie,its an innie.

and ya $200,000 is a little steep for making cards lol

and No I will not be selling the Cessna, how do i get my release then?

Thanks for the feedback guys. Whats the best way place to outsource them.

CES020

Our customer recycled them. They used them as a coupon. Bring the card back and get $200 off the service they offered.

Salmoneye

There is nothing like a referral from someone who has done business with someone else and can vouch personally for the quality and service; also, wholesale contacts are hard to find on the internet via a search engine as there are so many retail sites masquerading as wholesale to weed through.

Salmoneye

I tried the second link but they were retail. Also these cards were etched and not cut out like the example at the beginning of this thread.
Any others?

Pat Whatley

The sample at the beginning of this thread looks cut out and etched. The link shows cards that are cut out and etched.

iSign

Although your condescending attitude is expected..... its not appreciated. :)

with your feisty defensiveness about all your riches & your VIP friends, it certainly was expected...

but if you are considering a merchant membership account here, you might want to tone down the superiority complex a tad...

and if not... we'll we'll let others clean that up....

Esmae

We've done those before. I have photos but don't plan to post them in the public forum. A "laser engraver" won't work. The wavelength on the laser for a CO2 laser will not cut metal. Not with 1 pass or with 1000 passes. You need an industrial laser that you'd find in a sheet metal shop. Last time I was in the market for one, they started at $200,000. They aren't small, they are large.

Actually CO2 lasers are the correct type (and most common) for cutting metal. It's the power that prevents smaller (30watts etc) from cutting through metal, as little as a 100 watt laser will cut through your thin stainless etc. You may have meant Yag type lasers, they are more for marking metal than cutting.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
with your feisty defensiveness about all your riches & your VIP friends, it certainly was expected...

but if you are considering a merchant membership account here, you might want to tone down the superiority complex a tad...

and if not... we'll we'll let others clean that up....

Here we go again.......................... :banghead:

CES020

Actually CO2 lasers are the correct type (and most common) for cutting metal. It's the power that prevents smaller (30watts etc) from cutting through metal, as little as a 100 watt laser will cut through your thin stainless etc. You may have meant Yag type lasers, they are more for marking metal than cutting.

Being I own a CO2 laser, and have owned them for 4 years now, I'm pretty sure I know that our laser won't cut metal. If I didn't know, then I might have learned it from the 100's of people on engraving forums that have asked how to cut metal with their laser.

I said a "Laser Engraver" is CO2. It is. Does that mean you can't buy a 4,000 watt industrial CO2 laser to cut metal? No, it means that the lasers that engravers use will not cut metal. 100 watts won't cut it either.

I'll give you my laser if you can figure out how to make it cut metal. It won't do it. A YAG laser will mark metal. A CO2 laser for engraving won't even mark metal, much less cut it.

Esmae

Being I own a CO2 laser, and have owned them for 4 years now, I'm pretty sure I know that our laser won't cut metal. If I didn't know, then I might have learned it from the 100's of people on engraving forums that have asked how to cut metal with their laser.

I said a "Laser Engraver" is CO2. It is. Does that mean you can't buy a 4,000 watt industrial CO2 laser to cut metal? No, it means that the lasers that engravers use will not cut metal. 100 watts won't cut it either.

I'll give you my laser if you can figure out how to make it cut metal. It won't do it. A YAG laser will mark metal. A CO2 laser for engraving won't even mark metal, much less cut it.

Sorry i should known to have shut my mouth, i didn't realise you were such an expert. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9BvPeAmuvc but as you can see this 150 watter glides through 1.2mm mild like butter
I won't harp on about working with industrial lasers since 2002 (flatbed and pipe) and my own engraver. Sorry to have ruffled your feathers man. Like i said, i should have shut my mouth. because here it comes.
:popcorn:

Last edited:

CES020

Kern lasers use a different wave length. Like I said, I'm talking about LASER ENGRAVERS. You know, the ones I mentioned about 3 times. The WAVELENGTH on laser ENGRAVERS will NOT cut metal. Don't believe me (obviously), call Epilog, Universal, or Trotec and ask them if their Helix, VLS series, or the Speedy 300 will cut metal.

Let me know what they tell you (hint, I already know because I've owed several already and run one every day).

If I'm wrong, enlighten me to which setting I need to change. If I'm wrong, then the laser manufacturers.

Just so you know, this is from Kern's own website :

"Kern Lasers' versatile laser cutting systems can be equipped with metal cutting technology, instantly turning our systems into the machine of choice for large scale production cutting, precision cutting and part prototyping. Switching over from cutting typical materials such as plastic and wood to cutting metal only takes a matter of seconds."

Let me translate that for you : Their machine needs an OPTION to make it cut metal and you have to SWITCH it over to cut metal. That means in it's normal mode, without the option, it will NOT cut metal (like I said).

I guess Watson Signs is an idiot too :

Laser engravers don't have the correct wavelength to cut through metal, even very thin metal, believe me, we've tried!

to do this you would have to either cut them on a BIG laser, stamp them out with a die, or chemically etch them, all of which are expensive for small runs.

I'm going to have to agree with Visual800 on this, untill you have someone commit to ordering these, with money in hand, they are all talk.

Esmae

Kern lasers use a different wave length. Like I said, I'm talking about LASER ENGRAVERS. You know, the ones I mentioned about 3 times. The WAVELENGTH on laser ENGRAVERS will NOT cut metal. Don't believe me (obviously), call Epilog, Universal, or Trotec and ask them if their Helix, VLS series, or the Speedy 300 will cut metal.

Let me know what they tell you (hint, I already know because I've owed several already and run one every day).

If I'm wrong, enlighten me to which setting I need to change. If I'm wrong, then the laser manufacturers.

Just so you know, this is from Kern's own website :

"Kern Lasers' versatile laser cutting systems can be equipped with metal cutting technology, instantly turning our systems into the machine of choice for large scale production cutting, precision cutting and part prototyping. Switching over from cutting typical materials such as plastic and wood to cutting metal only takes a matter of seconds."

Let me translate that for you : Their machine needs an OPTION to make it cut metal and you have to SWITCH it over to cut metal. That means in it's normal mode, without the option, it will NOT cut metal (like I said).

I guess Watson Signs is an idiot too :

Are you for real?

CO2 lasers operate at a wavelength of around 10.5 nanometers. they mostly all use around the same wavelength (give or take a few um)

You know what that option is to switch it over to metal cutting? A different focus length lens and some assist gas, like oxy, nitrogen or just compressed air.

By the way, I didn't say anyone was an idiot. All I was doing was correcting you on the information you had supplied.

I'll wait here for your reply
:popcorn:

Last edited: