• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3 160sp terrible test print - HELP!

jsol

Trying to get a Mimaki jv3 160sp running. I have attached a image of the test print. Print head #3 seems to always be firing.

Does anyone out there know what this might be or have had a similar problem.

ANY help greatly appreciated!

Thank You

Attachments

• IMG_20101124_105039.jpg
    IMG_20101124_105039.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 455

iSign

good luck.

I know how to run mine, and sell enough work to pay a tech to maintain it. I wish I knew more techy stuff, but haven't chosen to go down that path yet... will be watching this thread with interest though...

artbot

that is a bad sign. you are having data issues. either from a loose data cable. but more possibly a blown head. i'd give you some pointers about a data swap that would diagnose if it is your slider board or head. but, i don't think i want blood on my hands if you do the swap wrong and fry your printer.

at least recheck your cables and make sure all the ends are clean with no fraying or bent ends, and that they are plugged in firmly. turn off your machine on front, switch off on back, unplug, and press the front power button four times before doing any poking around in the head carriage. and try to keep one hand on the platen if possible.

tbaker

That is a loose head data cable most likely.

Turn off your printer.

unplug your printer

Cycle the power switch to insure there's no power left in the system.

remove the damper to the affected head ( make sure you pull straight up and don't break the nipples on the manifold to the head)

Gently remove the plastic cover over the magenta head ( the dampers for the heads to the side will be partially over the top of that plastic cover wiggle it free)

Gently push down on the ribbon cables on the head, making sure they are seated fully

replace all the parts in the opposite order

power up and see what you get.

fabio777

check the flat data cable on the printheads..especially the magenta printhead...it could be just a flat cable...

superdj23

Terrible Test Print

After replacing a head, I am greeting basically the same thing as the original post here. Except I am having the problem with what I believe to be light cyan. Do I need to replace the cables?

artbot

first just inspect the cables and or swap the cyan with one that is working to see if the issue stays at the head or follows the cable. if it stays at the head, it can be a bad slider board port or ink inside the head's ribbon cable input.

attached is a rendering of a data swap that will be needed to isolate if the
data is good coming from your mainboard and slider board.

superdj23

Now I woke up this morning to a head error 07 message that appears to be referring to the head that I just replaced. I switched the cables and restarted the machine and came back with the same error.

superdj23

okay. I might have jumped the gun a little. When I switched the cables, it looks like the error is coming from the head that I switched the cable to. Hopefully I just need a new cable and this was the problem for the original large streak of cyan.

artbot

then mark that cable and keep moving it. if the issue keeps following that cable then it's the cable.

MikePro

test prints like that make baby jesus cry.

best of luck. search function on these forums will turn out TONS of threads with similar issues which wind up ending with head replacement and more threads about how to replace heads and then more threads about aligning those new printheads. Worth your time digging through for valuable info, otherwise its worth paying the $$$ to get a tech in there to flip your machine back into a workhorse in no time.

superdj23

Turns out it was the cables that needed to be replaced...I have gotten a good test draw with all six colors finally showing up. I haven't done a head alignment yet, but how much much of a difference does this make?

artbot

if you haven't changed your heads than no difference. you machine is most likely already lined up. even taking out a head and putting it back into that exact spot for me has retained the same alignment. glad to hear that your printer is fine.

humpsigns

bad test print

Iam having the same problem. Could you tell me how you fix it.Its driving me nuts.Thank You ,HumpSigns

artbot

pic? i this is an old thread. maybe you should start a new one. each issue has it's own history, cause, effect.