• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki printer stops printing in the middle of the job...no warning from the printer or software

gabagoo

I have no idea why the printer just stops printing...Flexi production manager seems locked at 64% print and the printer screen is just sitting with no errors. I have no idea why this happens and can't seem to get either the printer or the software to continue printing. A Glitch?

rjssigns

Make sure the print and cut ques are cleared out. Flexi gets fussy when you leave a bunch of jobs in production manager. You may want to check is sleep mode settings on the PC. Had issues with mine until I set it to 3+ hours. Last bit is security running in the background. Some anti-virus software will monkey up the works. Especially if you are running another package on top of Windows Defender.

gabagoo

Make sure the print and cut ques are cleared out. Flexi gets fussy when you leave a bunch of jobs in production manager. You may want to check is sleep mode settings on the PC. Had issues with mine until I set it to 3+ hours. Last bit is security running in the background. Some anti-virus software will monkey up the works. Especially if you are running another package on top of Windows Defender.
It happens so rarely but only on bigger jobs naturally... I Don't keep too many old print files in the que...Just what is cureent until they are cut. It could be that free c cleaner or the superantispyware as they seem very invasive. Going to shut them down from now on...Thank you
Maybe a memory issue?
Fairly new computer with plenty of memory but who knows...could be the issue. How does one resolve a memory issue?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I don't run antivirus, they always seem to be a resource hog. If the file size is gigantic, it may also cause it to hang. I also have less issues with pdfs over eps files

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
New computers tend to have power saving setting turned on. Make sure the computer isn't set to sleep after a certain amount of time. Sometimes it is set to just turn the hard drive or network off as well.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
New computers tend to have power saving setting turned on. Make sure the computer isn't set to sleep after a certain amount of time. Sometimes it is set to just turn the hard drive or network off as well.
I had a file that took so long to rip the damn printer would shut itself off before it was done. I've also had my computer go to sleep mid print, that is annoying

richsweeney

It does sound like something is timing out, or some other setting is off. Can you call tech support and ask them? For sure, check your power saving settings. I think I have all my computers set to be always on and never sleep.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
On a Flexi PM computer.... make sure it is not running out of disk space. In Windows Defender or other antivirus find the advanced settings to exclude the Flexi folders in PM.

Deleting old jobs from PM generally does okay but I've found that Flexi still often leaves behind a lot of files and it takes manually digging through temporary folders to find the stragglers (mostly in various folders under the "Jobs and Settings" folder).

Once in a long while clear the PM job log (top "view menu").

As others mentioned make sure of power settings, screen saver settings as well. I've always had ours to ONLY put the monitor to sleep after a few hours (be aware if you have and use monitor USB pass-through ports).

Johnny Best

Make sure your computer does not go in sleep mode while printing. I put my dedicated computer that runs the RIP never goes into sleep mode.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
TURN OFF POWER MANAGEMENT
as well as going to device manager /network interface/properties/power management & uncheck "allow computer to turn off device to save power". (STUPIDEST SETTING THEY HAVE EVER ALLOWED)

the deign team doesn't realize or doesen't care that 150' of vinyl costs more than a sheet of f**|*ing paper. we can't just restart the job

believe it or not, they have added this STUPID SETTING to usb ports as well

and they will change your settings as part of certain windows updates, as well

gabagoo

I have no power savings set so it stays on with no screen savers running. I think it is a glitch in communication as neither the printer or the software show any errors at the time. It has run flawlessy since then, so it is not something that happens too often...just enough to make you crazy lol