• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Most aggressive adhesive vinyl?

Rooster

I have a client who is using cut vinyl decals for their heavy equipment ID's and branding and we're having the problem of the vinyl not wanting to release from the transfer tape (medium tack). It's not the transfer tape being too aggressive, but the vinyl isn't wanting to stick to the surface.

I've tried 3M and Arlon and neither seems better than the other. I think the issue may be that they're painting the equipment with a paint that has a fairly high silicon content to stop dirt from sticking to it.

Is there anything that you guys know of that is a cost effective solution to this problem. Is there a lower cost vinyl than convex that is designed to stick to a low energy surface or one that has a silicone content to it?

Circleville Signs

I don't know about the 8000, but I just used the Arlon DPX6000 wrap vinyl and it was a nightmare. Adhesive was the most ridiculously aggressive adhesive I've ever seen on wrap vinyl. Ugh.

jasonx

I don't know about the 8000, but I just used the Arlon DPX6000 wrap vinyl and it was a nightmare. Adhesive was the most ridiculously aggressive adhesive I've ever seen on wrap vinyl. Ugh.

Now imagine that 10 times worse and you have DPF8000.

You tack it and its stuck.

pjfmeister

Dpf 8000

I used this on the roughest textured stucco surface you can imagine and the wrap held tight outdoors for 6 months before the edges started peeling....good stuff

FatCat

oracal 3105ht
very high tack

Yup, this stuff is very sticky as I just did my first job with it about 3 weeks ago. I was playing with it and it was even pulling out ink and dirt from the crevices and wrinkles in my hand.

Will have to keep in mind about the Arlon stuff though...

Rooster

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

I'm going to give a few of them a try on some sample stock and see what fairs the best.

I also found a very aggressive adhesive from FLEXcon that seems to be rated about twice as sticky as the arlon and oracal products.