• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mud...

Marlene

the temps went from 20 below to 52 yesterday. nice change from freezing but this morning, my car is up to it's floor boards in mud and I am stuck. I'm waiting for the only service station in town to open at 7:30 to get a pull out. their tow truck has a "24 hr serivce" on the door but they open at 7:30 so you can't get service before that. I think I will quiz them up on just what 24 hr service, but we open at 7:30 means...after they pull me out.

JBusch260

I think I will quiz them up on just what 24 hr service, but we open at 7:30 means...after they pull me out.

Haha, definitely after they get you out. Perhaps advertising 24 hour service in regards to three 8 hour days?

Most likely they are available 24 hours, but in case of emergencies, you'll be paying quite a bit more for them to have to get off of their butts outside of regular hours.

Good luck with the mud!

skyhigh

..after they pull me out.

Wait till after they hand you a bill.
They will not refuse to pull you out over a little harassment.......how much they charge you is a different story.

Tip....
Wear something low cut, and smile alot. :clapping:

Bigcat_hunter

I bought a winch after this little episode.

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 81

Marlene

I bought a winch after this little episode.

looks like my driveway!

well the tow truck shows up and lettered along the side is "23 1/2 hour towing service". 23 1/2????? I laughed at that as I don't think I have ever seen anything like that. welcome to small town living, just don't need servcie during that 1/2 hour or you are SOL. $25 bucks and I was back on the road. what a sucky way to start the day

They do 23 and a half hours because the liability insurance is about half of what it would be if they said they were 24 hours a day. Screwed up yes but a lot of the one or two truck companies and the old timers are all 23 1/2

Marlene

They do 23 and a half hours because the liability insurance is about half of what it would be if they said they were 24 hours a day. Screwed up yes but a lot of the one or two truck companies and the old timers are all 23 1/2

that makes sense. just looked funny to me but then I was standing in freezing rain in, muck up to my ankles with a car sunk up to the floor boards

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, at least it made you smile after the first part of this little venture started out so yucky....... :wink:

To think I thought it was a sucky morning when at the bottom of my driveway at home the wind blew over our recyclable barrel and sh!t was everywhere and I spent 10 minutes retrieving it all. I feel much better now.

Marlene

Where in VT are you Marlene and you got lucky I still tow down here at night sometimes and to go winch someone out of the mud its 125 to start

beautiful Enosburg Falls, about 10 miles from the Canadian border. the town is so small, I can see the station from my house so he only came like three houses away to pull me out.

John, love the cartoon! you didn't bury the car enough as I could hardly see the wheels.

I parked the car headed out so the front wheel drive part of the car is on the sidewalk...take that mud. I don't think there will be mud in the morning as the temps are dropping and I heard it will drop to about -5. ugh, there will be ice bergs instead of mud.