• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Rockhopper 38 head adjustment

ahmed

After I managed to fix the leak in the black ink line, & when I did a nozzle check, the black colour was not in one line with the other colours (picture attached), any idea of how to solve this problem? I would greatly appreciate your help.

I think the Rockhopper 38 in the Uk is the same machine as Falcon JR 4 colour outdoor in the USA & Canada

Attachments

• Picture 349.jpg
    Picture 349.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

randya

It is the same as the Jr.

You need to do timing adjustments in maintance mode.
I forget exactly what it is called.

You will need a maintenance manual or a tech to walk you through it.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Email me and I'll send you the service manual. You might want to contact MacDaddy here on the forum. He's the man.

Jackpine

You can get it close by adjusting the print head in the holder. It sets with 2 screws I believe. This is to adjust the tilt and forward and back. It takes time. Adjust and nozzle check.....until it is close. Or contact MacDaddy as Sign-Man said.

ahmed

Hi Sign Man, I emailed you my email address which is ahmed@sun-signs.co.uk, thanks for your help.

Jackpine, I found only one screw fixing the print head to the holder which cannot be moved as the screw washer sits in its housing.

I've contacted Macdaddy asking for his help, waiting for his kind reply.

Jackpine

There is a wedge in the front for tilt. It's been awhile but I am almost sure you can move it forward and back.
Hi Sign Man, I emailed you my email address which is ahmed@sun-signs.co.uk, thanks for your help.

Jackpine, I found only one screw fixing the print head to the holder which cannot be moved as the screw washer sits in its housing.

I've contacted Macdaddy asking for his help, waiting for his kind reply.

ahmed

I found one screw but its on the colour print head, its tightened to the end, I will have another look tomorrow morning & see if I can find one for the black head, its 22:55 here in London now

ahmed

Thank you Jackpine for the email, I will read the manual & try to fix the problem.

My friend has the same machine (but with no fault), I was wondering if I print his parameter values & copy them to my printer, would that solve the problem?

ahmed

yes Macdaddy, sure I need your help please, I have some jobs to print & I dont know how to align the print head

ahmed

The printer is fixed, I followed the manual instructions & its up & running very well, thanks for everyones help.

Jackpine, you are a star, many thanks

astnt

how do I get into the maintenance mode to reset the head ranks, I just changed out both print heads and capping station and pump.Now what.

dj_elite

I know this thread is old, but I am in need of a service manual. Does anyone have a downloadable version?

gsi5150

i could use the manual or at least the head rank setup instructions. exp on how to adjust them, i cant find any screws and wedges i have a area behind the heads that have notches that are made of metal. and plastic caps that slide around the radius and on fron the same thing except horizontal. any help will be ar8'd