• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question mutoh valuejet 1204 WHEN PRINTING BLACK IT PRINTS DARK GREEN WHY

RPM

Does it start out dark green and then turn black? If so, you most likely have a maintenance staton issue. where is is drawing ink back through the printhead. Could use a little more information in order to make a more informed diagnosis. Also, as TimToad asked are you printing just 100% K or are you using rich black CMYK?

heyskull

To print a pure black on any CMYK it has to be set on C:100/M: 1000/ Y: 1000/ K: 100.
Set at C:0/M: 0/ Y: 0/ K: 100 will just print the black channel which if you are using cheap inks can be anything but Black when printed.
Also you might have cross contamination of the CMYK channels.
If you are printing a black to white or any other colour fade then the fun begins. As you will have an ongoing fight trying to get a decent fade and black print.
Please post your nozzle test.

Johnny Best

I have a 1204 and work in rgb and save as a .pdf. My black which prints black is set at r 0 g 0 b 0. The RIP prints it in CMYK.
You need to look at your nozzle check to see if your black ink is firing. Might need a new maintenance station or new dampers.

Joe House

You'll never get good color from a print head that doesn't fire all the nozzles. It doesn't matter what color mix you use in the file if the print head isn't cooperating.

Check/Replace your maintenance station as a first step. Then post a picture of the nozzle test print for further help if that doesn't resolve the issue.

Good Luck

scott dunacn

adgrafix
I have a 1204 and work in rgb and save as a .pdf. My black which prints black is set at r 0 g 0 b 0. The RIP prints it in CMYK.
You need to look at your nozzle check to see if your black ink is firing. Might need a new maintenance station or new dampers.
? how do i fix this

Attachments

• 20190723_175129.jpg
    20190723_175129.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 241

RG

What is the distance between white stripes? Looks like you might have a locked print head: one that's made for a desktop printer. Or, your Flexi program could be in demo mode.