• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Vj-1304 and flexi

Derf

Just a heads up,

The Drivers for the 1304 are not compatible with Flexi 8.1vx and only work with Flexi 8.5

I installed the drivers per Mutoh's instructions and all my prints printed 1/3 the size. After beating my head in for a few I tried to print on our 1204 and they started coming out small too.

I reset the preferences in flexi and added (new setups) the new printers. The printers still printed small.

Then I uninstalled Flexi and reinstalled it from scratch removing all traces of the 1304 drivers and used the 1204 driver for the 1304 and just set the size to 54".

The 1304 works great now using the 1204 driver

I hope this saves some one the 6 hours I spent figuring it out. unfortunately non of the tech or Mutoh seemed to know about this software over site and should have had this information in the Read me file.

randya

Derf,

Sounds like you have some RIP set up issues, I have tested the drivers in 8.1.
And am still running 8.1 with that driver.
Small prints or squashed prints are usually because you are ripping at one resolution and printing at another.
You have to make sure that "Enable driver options" is selected in the Printer Options menu.

A way to test this is to turn off "Enable driver options" and change the Print Mode on the front of the printer and examine the output.

The RIP always overrides the Printer settings WHEN enabled.

If you find that this is not all true, let me know.

The 1204/1304/1604/1614 drivers are the same except for width.(they ALL use the same Print Manager commands)

The 1204 driver should not let you print more than 48" while the 1304/16x4 will allow 54 and 64 respective.

sorry for your inconvience...

Derf

Well the 1204 driver does let me print larger if I use "User Define" The 1304 driver I used would not even load.. as soon as the Dll files were out the problem went away on both printers.. Maybe it got damaged during down loading.

randya,

I will give your suggestion a try when I feel like tinkering but the 1204 driver seems to be working just fine for now. I have a tone of work to get out so after I get passed this wave I'll try messing with it.

Derf

Derf,

A simple solution is to use the 1604 driver, then set the default media width down to 54".

Good Luck,
Ryan

I spoke with Mutoh and the tech said to use the 1204 and set the media up to 54.. he mentioned the 1604 had some small differences in the driver but the 1204 was the same with the exception of media size.

SE SignSupply

I spoke with Mutoh and the tech said to use the 1204 and set the media up to 54.. he mentioned the 1604 had some small differences in the driver but the 1204 was the same with the exception of media size.

Interesting, never heard that before. I could never get flexi to go wider than 48" using the 1204 driver. Of course this is with Mutoh Edition FlexiPrint DX, could be different than the other flexi products?