• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Cat

Mosh

This might taint the "Mosh" image, but I need to tell someone.
About three years ago I found a kitten outside my shop in town, so I took him home and cared for him and he became a good friendly outside cat. Well about three weeks ago somthing bit most of his back leg off. it was gross looking, he didn't move around alot. So I took him to the vet, and they told me the best thing was to just put him down, so I had them do it. I have not told my wife or kids, I just act like he is out roaming, I try to change the subject. Not like he was a family pet, just a farm cat, but I feel real sad about it. When I was a kid my dad shot many cats and dogs we had, so I was used to losing pets. At first I thought I could just do the same and put him out of his misery, i guess I don't know. I am having a hard time even sleeping, thinking about that damn cat.

Funny thing, since I shoot wild animals at a whim, but real bummed out about this. Sorry for the rant, I just needed to get it off my chest.

CheapVehicleWrap

Good Gawd; he does have a heart!

Sorry for your loss Mosh. You did the right thing. Well... except keeping it to yourself. Change that.

Ken

Yeah..sorry for your loss. You did the right thing going to the vet. If the cat could thank you...
Ken

iSign

Sorry for your loss Mosh. You did the right thing. Well... except keeping it to yourself. Change that.

+1...
nice post cheap!...

nice by any standards...
but, nice coming from you too:thumb:

my condolences mosh.. had to say good bye to our 17 year old retreiver/shepard this summer... it was time... but it still ain't easy!

OldPaint

you gaining "maturity, and compassion. i grew up a lot of the time on a farm. one of the tractors had a gun scabbard, the thing like cowboy had on horses so they could carry a rifle. in that was a 35 Remington lever action. and it got used on deer eating the corn, dogs chasing the milk cows, ground hogs that dug holes in the hay fields. and at nite we would ride in the back of a pickup shootin cats with .22's. i now have 5, and i never refuse a meal to a stray. i had one put down, she had somekinda jaundice, vet sat a yellow cat is a dead cat.inside of her mouth was yellowish and inside here ears.
i had one hell of a time buring her. cried and wailedand was stung by the amount of pain i felt. dont belive people when they say oh its just a cat!!!! as you mature you value all life.

GypsyGraphics

just as i suspected

i feel so bad for you... maybe keeping it yourself is making harder for you. tell your wife and together you can decide if or what to tell the kids.

you did good mosh

Suz

Awh, Sorry 'bout your Cat friend...

Mosh,

So sorry, little animals like that are nice to have in your life. It is sad when we lose them. I know it doesn't fix things right now, but another little creature friend will come your way when you are ready. A cat that I have now is part of a similar story that worked itself out in my life. Her name is "Dottie" and she's not such a little dot anymore, she's a 17 pound fattie that greets us each day. :loveya: Hang in there, you'll get through this.

shakey0818

No he doesn't!He must be dazed and confused.He will be shooting wild defenseless animals before you know it and laughing the whole time.

i'm a big cat person..where my wife prefers dogs(we have 2 dogs now and a cat). had a cat myself for 16 years and we had to put him down some years ago now.......let me tell you...i'm 6ft, 230 pounds and i cried like a baby.................

good on ya for caring mosh......

CheapVehicleWrap

No he doesn't!He must be dazed and confused.He will be shooting wild defenseless animals before you know it and laughing the whole time.

Well; DUH! We all know that but were trying to preserve the moment.
I'm willing to bet you're the type to spoil every movie you can.

iSign

No, he harbors runaway squirrels, and domesticates them... (or they impart a wildlife influence on him... Not sure which)

OldPaint

we stopped at a place on MAUI, and its like the cats own the place. these are all Ferrel cats.
cant remember the name, cats everywhere))))

its like that in turkey, ferrel cats everywhere and the turks don't give a hoot about them.....so all the tourists end up feeding them at the resturant tables....