• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Cat

slappy

I feel yeah. I had a stray hanging out at the shop over the winter and i took her in. She's a good cat too and very loving. Like she appreciates the second chance. I know she was a house cat cause she was declawed. Not spayed though,, found out later she was pregnant and had 6 babies which was fun to try to find homes for.

Anyway, glad to hear you got heart. Like any animal though, if it's suffering it's best to put it down. And you didn't do it Mosh. An educated, licensed veterinarian did after viewing the injury. I'm sure if the cat could return to full health without suffering, the vet would have suggested something else. But maybe there was infections or something.
Your dad shot the animals. You at least tried to rescue it. Don't feel bad. Maybe you were kinda traumatized as a kid for having to deal with the loss of many animals. I'm sure you'll find some sort of comfort soon. And you have absolutely nothing to hide from your family. You did the right thing. The cat couldn't be saved and was put to rest in a respectful way.

bernie

obviously this kitty touched a spot in your heart ... go find another one that
needs a safe home.

Some of my best cats over the years have either been rescue from unfortunate
things or strays that got dumped. A couple being feral that over the years learned
how to trust. Amazing!

Bernie

iSign

was looking through old attachments already on this server & ran across this from that famous "college girl showcase" thread...

...anyway, it somehow seemed appropriate here:

attachment.php

Salmoneye

There is nothing to fess up. You did what needed to be done and tried to spare your family a bit of the pain. I had to shoot our little dog a while back and it about killed me. Did it while the wife was gone, picked up every trace that the dog had ever been here, leashes, bowls, beds, toys... ... When she came home the wife she never said a thing, house was a little quieter for a while. Sometimes it sucks doing what needs doing, sorry that you had to do it.

CheapVehicleWrap

Geez Mosh, JUST TELL THEM! It's not like they haven't heard your horror stories a thousand times before of killing "vermin" for sport. Man up Bro. Show em the receipt. In fact, scan it and post it. Yeah they might take a step back, but they might actually begin liking you for this too. I have, sorta. :) Actually I DO kinda understand you're past cruelty, although I don't condone it. Violence is best left for humans, not innocent animals. At least that's what my iguanas said. Think of the ammo you'd save.

hightop

Mosh - it was the compassionate thing to do. (I won't tell anyone and ruin your rep! :wink:) To let it suffer would have been cruel. That doesn't make it any less difficult. If my hubby had to do the same thing, I would want him to let me believe the cat ran away since it was stray in the first place. (I suspect he has already done this with animals we had in the past!)

Marlene

wow, you are human! glad to hear it. tell your family and then find another cat in need of a home as there are so many in need of one. since he was a farm cat, check with any local feral cat rescue people as they are always looking for a farmer who will take in a cat. PS, the cat in my avatar had it's back foot bitten off when he was a small kitten. he was rescued by the St. John Feral Cat Fund over in Plattsburgh, NY. lucky for us, you would never know he had a foot missing as he runs around and plays like any other cat.