• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My customer rant for the day

Flame

Yep, just gotta get it out of my system. Guy came in and wants some white cut vinyl by tomorrow. Had another guy that was going to cut it for him but he keeps being flakey and not calling back...you know the story.

So, he tells me he wants a wavey checkerboard design with some swirls and stuff, 2' tall and 36' long, on both sides of the truck in white. He would install himself. I figure up a quote, give it to him, his eyes just get wide. Apparently the last guy said he'd make them for $300.

$300..... for 2) 36' x 2' custom designed graphics???? That's less than $2 a square, with no design fees, and the risk of cutting a 36' graphic with no screw ups and heaven KNOWS how much weed time with small checker board squares all the way down the thing.

It was so ridiculous I didn't even really get upset. I just chuckled and let it go. Poor guy who's going to be making those decals....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey Flamey... that ain't a rant, that's a joke. Cost is more around $850 or so.

$300.... maybe each on a good day.

Flame

Don't forget he came in at noon on a Thursday, and wanted them on Friday so he could install them that night and then go on vacation.

;)

Ursta Graphics

Lol... gotta love those customers! I wonder what the other guys design looked like .. I'm guessing vomit!

Mine was .. Guy drops off truck to be lettered this morning. "Here ya go all washed WAXED and ready to go." "UGHHH" as I broke out the prep-sol.

Si Allen

I will bet the reason the other guy will not call him back is because he realized that he made a big mistake on the price, and doesn't want to lose his a$$ on the job!

:Oops:

Si Allen

Mosh ... sounds like a racer's trailer, rather than his truck! So of course he wants cheep! Spent all his money on go fast stuff!

Flame

Might as well throw in a new rant. Got chewed out for being too high priced. Customer wanted a 5' x 3' one color decal. Would take a few minutes to vectorize the art he gave me too. He said his buddy makes 'em for $30, and cheaper if he gets quantities. Can I match that?

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, no!?!?!? He gets all butthurt wants to know what my problem is.

sigh.

Jillbeans

A shop two miles up the street had their vinyl cutter go belly up. Since that's not their main source of business, they decided not to repair or replace the plotter.
I was getting a nice rush of referrals from them.
Referrals who acted affronted when they found out that I charge $25 for what this other place was doing for $12. Umm...I have a $25 minimum which I think is too cheap, but apparently I am a highway robber to these people.
I'm going out looking for a part time job today.
Love....Jill

Si Allen

Jill ... sounds like the vinyl was a 'loss leader' to get them in for the other part of the business.

Evidentally ... it wasn't working well enough to get another plotter!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: