• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question My first poll - retail store?

Are you a retail sign shop?

• Yes - we have a retail sign shop

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • No - we are not retail

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • We are wholesale - no retail

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • We are designer - no retail

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • We are installer - no retail

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • None of the above - please add comment below

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
This is the first of several polls that I will be creating to help me better understand the audience here at Signs101. Any pointers or suggestions will be appreciated.

peerlessdani

This is the first of several polls that I will be creating to help me better understand the audience here at Signs101. Any pointers or suggestions will be appreciated.
The company I work for recently bought a new Roland VG2-540, they threw me into it having zero experience so I am here to learn. We bought it to make our own 20x10 second surface window stickers and stickers for contractors that we partner with.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wouldn't it be more effective if the second choice was more of a series of other possibilities, like wholesale or fabricator ??

White Haus

Not a Newbie
What defines retail? Is it a storefront on a busy street with tons of walk-ins and tire-kickers? Or simply a shop that is open to the public?

We operate out of a commercial shop/office but have VERY little random walk ins, thankfully. Would that be considered retail?

Or are you referring more in terms of commercial building vs. home shop?

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
What defines retail? Is it a storefront on a busy street with tons of walk-ins and tire-kickers? Or simply a shop that is open to the public?

We operate out of a commercial shop/office but have VERY little random walk ins, thankfully. Would that be considered retail?

Or are you referring more in terms of commercial building vs. home shop?
As I am looking at it, if the public can enter your shop and potential do business with you, then I would consider that retail. If you have a different perspective, I am open

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
The company I work for recently bought a new Roland VG2-540, they threw me into it having zero experience so I am here to learn. We bought it to make our own 20x10 second surface window stickers and stickers for contractors that we partner with.
Thank you for your input.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
As I am looking at it, if the public can enter your shop and potential do business with you, then I would consider that retail. If you have a different perspective, I am open

I always looked at it, as someone selling to the the end-user, from whatever device needed. Therefore, selling through a vending machine, outta your house, internet, brick & mortar building..... its endless the myriad of ways to sell goods or services. Even if you make it from start to finish or somewhere in between, if you're selling the end product, you are retail. If you have a fishing boat, a mine, a rubber plant or even a farm and send your stuff on to be processed or worked on, you are in production, not retail. Buildings and where your feet are planted does not necessarily indicate retail or not.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Let me attempt to clarify what I am looking for.
I think what Billct2 says about storefront retail is more what I am looking for.
Even more specifically, I am preparing a video on how to claim your Google My Business listing. From one end of the spectrum to the other, some storefront sign shops might not even know if they are listed on Google. Others are at the other end of the spectrum and are very active. My first video will be for those who have not claimed their storefront listing.
Feel free to ask more questions or add more suggestions.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Are there even 100 active people here now? Some posts I was following disappeared over the last couple of days.....