• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My new Sign Installation Command Center (aka SICC) vehicle...haha...

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Picked this up on Saturday. Figured since this is basically set up for installations, I would post this here in case anyone else is in the market for something similar. For me it's just about the perfect vehicle for the type of sign installs I do. It will hold 4x8 sheet material, has a cargo capacity of 2500 pounds, can tow 5000 pounds, gets 21/24 mpg, will fit in any parking garage, etc. I'm pretty happy with it.

Attachments

• 20160406_170356.jpg
    20160406_170356.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 695
  • 20160406_170349.jpg
    20160406_170349.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 540
  • 20160405_184004.jpg
    20160405_184004.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 528
  • 20160405_183206.jpg
    20160405_183206.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 552
  • 20160405_183836.jpg
    20160405_183836.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 539

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks like a great set up.
Is it diesel or gas?
Now all you need is a bolt-on bucket boom for the top.

wayne k
guam usa

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Looks like a great set up.
Is it diesel or gas?
Now all you need is a bolt-on bucket boom for the top.

wayne k
guam usa

It's a gas 2.0l 4cyl, turbo. Moves pretty good for what it is and makes decent/sufficient hp/tq (208/258). The torque is reached at a pretty low rpm, so should be nice for the occasional tow job.

No bolt-on bucket boom lol, but I will be adding an interior roof-mounted ladder rack to clear up the floor space.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
It's a gas 2.0l 4cyl, turbo. Moves pretty good for what it is and makes decent/sufficient hp/tq (208/258). The torque is reached at a pretty low rpm, so should be nice for the occasional tow job.

No bolt-on bucket boom lol, but I will be adding an interior roof-mounted ladder rack to clear up the floor space.

Ahh - a Jet Rack?
We do upfits for the dealers here with Adrian steel packages. Nicest conversions have been the Nissan NV's. All the anchor points are already in the cargo area with nut plates under the flooring and in the side wall rails. No real drilling to be done no matter what package they choose.

Are you going to keep it simple on the outside or go with a full wrap?

wayne k
guam usa

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Ahh - a Jet Rack?
We do upfits for the dealers here with Adrian steel packages. Nicest conversions have been the Nissan NV's. All the anchor points are already in the cargo area with nut plates under the flooring and in the side wall rails. No real drilling to be done no matter what package they choose.

Are you going to keep it simple on the outside or go with a full wrap?

wayne k
guam usa

Yeah, I think it was JetRack. WeatherGuard also makes one and I think one other company. All similar concepts that accomplish the same thing.

I'm up in the air on whether or not to wrap it. I may just opt for a magnet that's cut to fit in the recessed area on each side. That way I can remove it if I'm using the fan for non-work stuff (camping, etc.).

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I think it was JetRack. WeatherGuard also makes one and I think one other company. All similar concepts that accomplish the same thing.

I'm up in the air on whether or not to wrap it. I may just opt for a magnet that's cut to fit in the recessed area on each side. That way I can remove it if I'm using the fan for non-work stuff (camping, etc.).

It also is a hindrence, when going somewhere and you don't want to be identified, like the local watering hole for lunch. Also, maybe you'd wanna look at something and not let someone know who you are. We decided a while back, not to mark up our trucks with wraps, but just use magnetics.

Zac

Mediocre Designer
Boss is about to buy our delivery guy a new van, unfortunately we're getting the hand-me-down Chevy 1500. It'll be much better than our '05 Colorado the guys use right now though.

Nice ride! :thumb:

rjssigns

Mercedes. Can tell who's makin' coin in this group.:Big Laugh

Seriously though that is nice. Really like the hardware storage on the rear doors.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Thanks guys...I'm happy with it. Just need to color-matched the front bumper.

TSC1985

Thanks guys...I'm happy with it. Just need to color-matched the front bumper.

About how much for the shelving system? We are picking up our new Transit Connect on monday and I haven't yet put together an idea for the shelving but I really like your set up.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
About how much for the shelving system? We are picking up our new Transit Connect on monday and I haven't yet put together an idea for the shelving but I really like your set up.

Do you mean the black and yellow boxes? Those are Dewalt Tstak boxes and run around $26 each.

Fly wheels man.
Keep us in the loop so we flame your design ideas for graphics:wink:

Of course!

Andy D

Picked this up on Saturday. Figured since this is basically set up for installations, I would post this here in case anyone else is in the market for something similar. For me it's just about the perfect vehicle for the type of sign installs I do. It will hold 4x8 sheet material, has a cargo capacity of 2500 pounds, can tow 5000 pounds, gets 21/24 mpg, will fit in any parking garage, etc. I'm pretty happy with it.

What is that little panel for on the outside, bottom, right side of the drivers door?

Moze

Precision Sign Services
What is that little panel for on the outside, bottom, right side of the drivers door?

It's a door to cover up the gas cap. When the drivers door is closed, the gas door can't be opened. It's supposed to prevent the gas from being stolen/siphoned.

When you're pumping gas, you can still shut the drivers side door once the gas cap door is open.

Attachments

• 20160406_121052.jpg
    20160406_121052.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 528

0igo

It also is a hindrence, when going somewhere and you don't want to be identified, like the local watering hole for lunch. Also, maybe you'd wanna look at something and not let someone know who you are. We decided a while back, not to mark up our trucks with wraps, but just use magnetics.

maybe if you get one of these nice vans you won't go losing your gatorboards all the time.

knucklehead

It's a door to cover up the gas cap. When the drivers door is closed, the gas door can't be opened. It's supposed to prevent the gas from being stolen/siphoned.

When you're pumping gas, you can still shut the drivers side door once the gas cap door is open.

Well, what'll they think of next???

mfatty500

Crafty Krauts, they are