• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Need a layout done correctly for new Century 21 rebrand

okeesignguy

The rebranding files are simply too much for me to grasp...

I am looking for someone with currant experience with the new Century 21 logo and specs to do a layout for me that will get their approval...

Correct colors for printing and everything sized and positioned correctly etc...

If you are this person please call my shop so we may discuss our needs and options...
My name is Gary and my shop number is 863-467-7446...

I DO NOT WANT SOMEONE THAT THINKS THEY CAN HANDLE THIS...
I NEED SOMEONE THAT ALREADY HAS EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE CONCERNING THIS REBRAND...

Thank you!

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Have you not already tried your local sign shop? Most have the specs already just a matter of plugging your info in.

rjssigns

Is something wrong with your system? I just downloaded the rebrand PDF and it was 358k. My old XP rig would handle that. Also colors are custom spots(only two of them) allowing for correct output on a profiled system. Not understanding what the issue is.

bannertime

Is something wrong with your system? I just downloaded the rebrand PDF and it was 358k. My old XP rig would handle that. Also colors are custom spots(only two of them) allowing for correct output on a profiled system. Not understanding what the issue is.

I think they're saying they don't understand the guidelines.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
"re-business" might be in order if you can't decipher the guidelines. Import the page you need, change the text, move things about and proof for approval. Yeah, complicated.

okeesignguy

I think they're saying they don't understand the guidelines.
CORRECT....thank you for recognizing that...

I didn't think I was going to have to explain myself further but here you go...

I have been in the sign business for over 40 years...
Maybe that's why I am having a hard time understanding the guidelines LOL I guess I am getting old LOL

I have literally TONS of experience going back to sign painting before a lot of folks here were even born LOL No offense intended :)

For whatever reason I find the rebranding confusing and anyone that has worked with Century 21 knows how fussy they are...a real PITA actually...

I am too busy to blows hours of my time trying to figure it out and make countless corrections for them along the way...
I simply want to hire someone with experience with this exact thing to do it for me...
Sometimes the cost is lower in the end to recognize your limits and pay someone while you keep working on other shit...

I hope you guys understand this as this is not what I want this thread to be about...

okeesignguy

"re-business" might be in order if you can't decipher the guidelines. Import the page you need, change the text, move things about and proof for approval. Yeah, complicated.
Thanx for being an asshole....can't wait til I see you need help...grow to fuck up dude...

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
One of the problems with the 2018 C21 Masterbrand Guidelines is the fonts any sign company may have to purchase just to bid the job. The branding scheme doesn't use commonly available fonts.

Typold (from The Northern Block) costs $385 for the entire 55 font family or $29.55 per font file. Six fonts from Typold are used in the C21 branding scheme. Adobe Fonts hosts around a dozen families from The Northern Block, but not Typold.

Oakes (from Mister Fonts) costs $45 for the 10 font family (50% off) or $12 per font file.

Barlow is freely available from Google Fonts.

We did a re-branding job for a C21 office in Altus, OK last year. But the client sent us PDFs of the sign copy in the correct fonts. I placed the PDF in Illustrator and converted the fonts to outlines with the flatten transparency trick. Then I scaled and arranged the various elements as required by the brand guidelines (they're pretty strict). We were able to avoid having to buy the fonts, at least for the time being. As other offices change the purchase may become necessary, but we'll have to work that cost into the job.

okeesignguy

One of the problems with the 2018 C21 Masterbrand Guidelines is the fonts any sign company may have to purchase just to bid the job. The branding scheme doesn't use commonly available fonts.

Typold (from The Northern Block) costs $385 for the entire 55 font family or $29.55 per font file. Six fonts from Typold are used in the C21 branding scheme. Adobe Fonts hosts around a dozen families from The Northern Block, but not Typold.

Oakes (from Mister Fonts) costs $45 for the 10 font family (50% off) or $12 per font file.

Barlow is freely available from Google Fonts.

We did a re-branding job for a C21 office in Altus, OK last year. But the client sent us PDFs of the sign copy in the correct fonts. I placed the PDF in Illustrator and converted the fonts to outlines with the flatten transparency trick. Then I scaled and arranged the various elements as required by the brand guidelines (they're pretty strict). We were able to avoid having to buy the fonts, at least for the time being. As other offices change the purchase may become necessary, but we'll have to work that cost into the job.

Thank you for that info :)
Actually...I have all of the fonts...they come in the rebranding PDF that I obtained from the agent...
As it turns out I already had searched and found most of them free :)

One problem is that in all of the PDFs there are layouts for all of the different types of signage EXCEPT faces for lighted, pylon sign faces...

Unless the person that does this for me can print 64 inch I will also be having to have it printed somewhere because my printer is only 54 inch...

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
We didn't get any font files from our C21 client. The C21 Masterbrand Guidelines has all the font characters typed out inside (although Barlow, a free typeface, didn't render correctly in the PDF I have). It's possible for someone to do a quick and dirty approach, converting all that to curves to re-purpose and manually space all the letters. But that's kind of a PITA and it doesn't always yield good results unless the designer has an excellent eye for letter spacing.

Our shop made formed Lexan faces to fit existing lighted cabinets. We had to mask and back-spray the faces with paint formulas to match the C21 Obsessed Grey and Relentless Gold colors.

shoresigns

What is so difficult about these brand guidelines? I'm just curious, if anyone could send me the PDF. Can't find it online.

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
I have done hundreds of those here around the MetroPlex...
I took the guidelines they sent me, made a few drawings, sent them over, and worked with the man in charge till we got what he wanted. There are a couple different color schemes and layouts that can be used, and the colors they now use, like the Saw Grass, comes from Sherwin-Williams, if you like that expensive garbage. But anyway, the color codes are in the PDF Guidlines, as are the RGB Codes too.
It really wasn't that hard to figure out.
Look on line at what other guys are doing up your way, and copy what they did.

Attachments

• Abbas 2-4x4 Double Sided 701 Dairy - 714 E. Ave.jpg
    Abbas 2-4x4 Double Sided 701 Dairy - 714 E. Ave.jpg
    530.5 KB · Views: 304

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
The design isn't helped by the inappropriate use of Arial either (Arial isn't in the list of approved typefaces in the C21 brand specs).

bannertime

I can't imagine that something more like this wouldn't have been approved. And if they absolutely needed that second, albeit, useless phone number, then it could be the same size as the little letters under the logo.

Attachments

• rdpyjvbi.jpg
    rdpyjvbi.jpg
    510.4 KB · Views: 244

rjssigns

Ugly is a matter of opinion. If they approved the layout and cut the check all I see is dollar signs. At the end of the day fat bank beats ugly.;)

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
Wow, that's an ugly sign.
I didn't design it! Only make'm!
They are horrible for being seen in most cases.
Install one along the interstate with a dark tree line as a back drop, and they are basically invisible!
But they sure as hell do pay well!
My only questions to them are where do you want it?