• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need advice to buy a laminator.

BobsBigSigns

Hello!

Im looking to buy a 60” laminator. I dont need heat. I want to know what you all would consider the best one I could buy as far as reliability and quality. And also what you all think about GFP laminators. Thank you for any help!

jfiscus

Rap Master
Get a GFP, we love ours and have GREAT support from our vendor nearby in Ohio. (Trigon Imaging)

We had GBC & Seal laminators previously, but replaced all of them with GFP laminators. They run all day every day roll-to-roll and small pieces. We did have one act up and needed to adjust the roller gap so that it ran straight again (randomly, after 3 years of use). Took like a half hour to get it adjusted and running perfectly again after a call with our distributor. They will also eventually wear out the take-up roller ends, but they aren't that expensive to replace, we go through around 1 a year between three laminators.

Steve Bibel

Bob, GFP is a great laminator for the price. Please send your contact info or contact me at steveb@dencosales.com and I'll send you a quote for the GFP 363TH 63" laminator. Also, I can send a quote for the Kala Mistral 1650 65" laminator if you want to compare the to options.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media I'd be curious to know more if you had the time and would be willing to share. What do your guys find wrong with the Kala?

thanks
There is nothing wrong with the Kala Mistral, honestly it comes down to comfort and not liking all the safety features.

Once you get comfortable with the GFP it's way faster to operate vs the Kala due to all the safety sensors.