• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help pricing

carnut57

Still new to wrapping and wanted to see what everyone was pricing on vehicle wraps. Right now I'm pricing a full wrap on a 20' enclosed trailer. What's a good sq. ft. price on printing and installing? Thanks in advance!

FatCat

FWIW - I've seen prices on trailers from national companies as low as $4.00/sf installed and I've seen others who charge $10-$12/sf or more, so it's really all over the board. If you're new to wrapping, you have to understand that your price and what you have to charge has nothing to do with what other shops charge and what they have to charge. Price your work out based on covering your material costs, labor and machine time as well as a healthy dose of profit and don't worry about what everyone else charges.

CL Visual

Price the client, not the job. $10/ft is a good base to start assuming you are a very experienced and/or certified installer. Also assuming a quality printer and using premium cast vinyls. We have sign shops near us that do this job for $6 a foot with a bullshit design and using calendared materials while installing outside.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
What materials are you using?
How much overhead do you have?
How many installers are you using?
How long are you going to take?
What is your warranty?
What condition is the trailer in?
Do you have to remove factory Decals before wrapping?
Are you close to any of your competitors and have to drive further to them?

Answer those questions, and I STILL couldn't tell you what you should charge.

AKwrapguy

Still new to wrapping and wanted to see what everyone was pricing on vehicle wraps. Right now I'm pricing a full wrap on a 20' enclosed trailer. What's a good sq. ft. price on printing and installing? Thanks in advance!

Charge by the hour not by the SqFt. How many hours is it going to take you?

Does the truck have rivets, what type of material, how complex is the graphic, what about cleaning and prep, are you printing or just installing, are you a sub contractor, is it in your facility?

Billct2

One problem for anyone new is you may take twice as long to do a job as an experienced person. So if you use an hourly rate that is comparable to other shops you may never get a job. You may have to accept making less, maybe significantly less, on a job till you've learned the ropes.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Price the client, not the job. $10/ft is a good base to start assuming you are a very experienced and/or certified installer. Also assuming a quality printer and using premium cast vinyls. We have sign shops near us that do this job for $6 a foot with a bullshit design and using calendared materials while installing outside.

Same here. On a job that size we usually are in the 12 sqft range but whores down the street will do it for 5 a sqft. I have done some huge jobs as low as 8.50 but it was over 1200 sqft job. 8.50 is our bottom out price.