• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some critique

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
try simple font with home graphic. Dont know about the rest of you guys but I need a pic, not just a words.

Ah, an acceptable use of Mistral. Barely.

I might try an antique quill script like Algonquin or some such. There's a bunch of them from which to choose.

grafixemporium

Devo, the second logo in post #12 is my favorite so far. Think about adding a very simple artistic graphic of a house... something overly simple and a little abstract. Your graphic elements in each logo in your original post are just far too complex for a "logo".

For what it's worth, all of your attempts are far better than the other posters' suggested drafts. You're on the right track!

visual800

yes, you can take classy and throw a cartoon in there if you know how to do it. version 4 works for me. Its classy and cartoony. I dig it.

We have waaaay to much s#%T out there today on vehicle this is warm change. people dont have very good looking stuff anymore

Williams Signs

Something simple maybe like this.

Attachments

• signature.jpg
    signature.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 88

SignManiac

Don't take it personal Marco, at least you made an honest effort. I admire that even if the design isn't the best attempt. Keep on pushing yourself, it's the only way you will get better.

grafixemporium

All of the OP's original logo mockups are 10,000x better than any of the other suggestions... and 1,000,000x better than Marco's suggestions ;)

HulkSmash

Thought this was dead thread, but really guys, this guy's (OP) didn't have a chance with that original post #1.
Wanted to spark some thought from all of us fmg.

You kidding me? His original logo wasnt bad at all. i understand if you want to better your design skills, and i respect that, but.......

skyhigh

now why are you guys busting on someone that is "attempting" to help, yet not posting up something yourself???

Show us what ya got there fellas.

Devo, I like the dude with the big hammer (I think thats your best so far)....if you lose the effects on the red lettering. Otherwise, I like Williams layout in post 27

Last edited:

Marco

OP is mia, however, I find lots of fun when I doodle-up a logo or design. Shout out to thread by Gary, I'll try pencil and paper sketches.
I just returned to Signs101, and I see number of logo and design post are abandoned within a short time. As most of you pros out there may know, there's lots of unfinished business here, better said 'room for improvement'.
On another note; I wished OPs were more considerate and stated "project abandoned" or had power to "close-out" threads.

HulkSmash

now why are you guys busting on someone that is "attempting" to help, yet not posting up something yourself???

Show us what ya got there fellas.

Devo, I like the dude with the big hammer (I think thats your best so far)....if you lose the effects on the red lettering. Otherwise, I like Williams layout in post 27

True,
but unless i have time to provide something that is actually viable, i wouldnt waste the OP's time with a trash design.

Marco

True, I agree with Colorado. Colorado, just don't waste your time posting something we can critize do what you do best stay on the critic side.

HulkSmash

True, I agree with Colorado. Colorado, just don't waste your time posting something we can critize do what you do best stay on the critic side.

You're hilarious.

When it comes to design there's a handful of people I would even consider listening to on this forum, if i ever needed a design critiqued. It's easy to spot who's good, at it, and who's not.

I respect when someone designs something for someone else as a suggestion, but if it's bad the OP has to let known that this is not the direction he wants to take... don't take it the wrong way.