• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some help ! Been trying forever

autoexebat

I have this template in Photoshop that I made and I used some brushes and background pictures to edit it. I saved it as a EPS but when I import it into Flexi I get a squad the size of the canvas of photoshop .

How can I fix this ?

Attachments

• 2jax6ib.jpg
    2jax6ib.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 102
Last edited by a moderator:

James Chrimes

If you are hoping to have a vector cut around the shape it won't work. Try imporinin a pdf with a clear background into a file that has the cut outline. Place the pdf over the cut shape then print and cut.

James Chrimes

yes. flatten the photoshop file with a clear background as a pdf. import it into illustrator or other vector program that has the cut shape and overlay. them print and cut from your program.

autoexebat

hmm , well the files are already with no background to begin with. The files I am working with are AI , and I'm bringing them into photoshop to do the design work .

thewood

Try unmasking the image. Arrange>Unmask. Delete the black rectangle. It may be necessary to do this several times. It is possible that this is a Photoshop file with vector data.

autoexebat

Tired that , I've actually been trying to do this on and off for a few years . I never found a way to do it tho .

The main goal is to use photoshop on a vector template ,

Then bring it into Flexi for a contour cut .

James Chrimes

Nothing in photoshop will work with vector. You have to export a file out of photoshop and create the vector template in illustrator or flexi. Export a pdf or png

John Butto

One more time: You need to get the white background out in Photoshop (as per videos). Save as a Photoshop file, open Illustrator, go to File/ Place and select the photoshop file and then create your vector files in Illustrator.

autoexebat

One more time: You need to get the white background out in Photoshop (as per videos). Save as a Photoshop file, open Illustrator, go to File/ Place and select the photoshop file and then create your vector files in Illustrator.

I guess I'm a little lost , I have no way to create the files I have now .

I did flatten the image and remove background , but flexi still brings it in as a big box

2005 called ? What kind of smart comment is that ? It was just something I was testing on. < Thank you for the help >

401Graphics

I think youre trying to contour cut.

In photoshop make sure your background is transparent (not flatend). save as a photoshop file PSD.
Now open that file in flexi. Go to effects on top, then select contour cut. Make your adjustments in the contour cut window that pops up, then click the green check mark.

...And your square will be gone