• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some help ! Been trying forever

DizzyMarkus

Right click on image in Flexi and choose unmask :0) -- When the black rectangle appears -- delete it only (make sure underneath isn't selected)

Markus

thewood

Import the flattened Photoshop document into Flexi. Import the original vector template into Flexi, align it with the raster image and convert the vector template to a contour cut.

rjssigns

With simple shapes I will do a quick select in PS then convert selection to a Work Path. Export the Work Path to Illy. Work Path becomes the contour.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
This. Flexi recognizes transparency in native Photoshop PSD files. Just save it as a native (not flattened with the layers still in tact) PSD file with a transparent background. Open that in Flexi and add a contour cut.

I think youre trying to contour cut.

In photoshop make sure your background is transparent (not flatend). save as a photoshop file PSD.
Now open that file in flexi. Go to effects on top, then select contour cut. Make your adjustments in the contour cut window that pops up, then click the green check mark.

...And your square will be gone

autoexebat

This. Flexi recognizes transparency in native Photoshop PSD files. Just save it as a native (not flattened with the layers still in tact) PSD file with a transparent background. Open that in Flexi and add a contour cut.

Will try this right now and let you know.

FrankW

If don't having a transparent background, for example in a TIF- oder JPG-File, Flexi could set the background to transparent: Menu "Bitmap -> Make Transparent" will convert the cursor to a magic wand-tool to select the background color to be deleted. Since v10, it works with all kind of bitmaps, before just with RGB's.

autoexebat

Sightline just made the comment that I understood LOL .

I'm sure most of you had close to the right answer , but I'm fairly new to the printing world and this is something that has had me baffled for a very long time.

The only thing that bothers me is that you can't move things around once back in flexi , So for me I need to set it up for the print size in Flexi first .

Then export it and do my designs in photoshop , then bring it back into flexi .

"Deposit Please"

..I can't believe the guy in vid used a polygonal lasso tool to cut out a basketball.,lol..the elliptical marquee tool w/ shift would suffice ..and for this graphic, I would simply trace with Pen tool>load selection..go to paths> create work path from selection>> back to layers>> go to layers>>vector mask> current path. Save file as photoshop/eps or pdf. >>import into flexi.

thewood

If I understand the OP, he imported a vector template into PS and added some effects to it. Why not import the saem vector template into Flexi to use as a cutline rather than use the magic wand or transparent bitmap/contour cut feature in Flexi which both rely on imperfect raster data to create a vector cut path?