• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some help with this

Locals Find!

I have a client thats asking if I can put some kind of script or something similar that will alert them via email when someone lands on their mobile webpage.

Is this even possible? Any advice would be helpful.

iSign

no, but I understand that you have the means, or the know how to put one that posts threads on message boards, under your clients name, and without their knowledge...

Locals Find!

no, but I understand that you have the means, or the know how to put one that posts threads on message boards, under your clients name, and without their knowledge...

iSign if you wanna be a Jackass take it elsewhere. I don't have time to argue with you tonight. I have a project to finish and get paid on. I was just looking for some help from some real professionals that might actually have something to contribute.

rcook99

[QUOTEadtechia LLC, iSign if you wanna be a Jackass take it elsewhere. I don't have time to argue with you tonight. I have a project to finish and get paid on. I was just looking for some help from some real professionals that might actually have something to contribute][/QUOTE]

He's not being a jackass he's just telling you in not so many words you will be hard pressed to find any help based on your past BS. You should read some of the older posts long before you decided to join and you will see who the professionals are on this board. There are many many professional people on this site who are more than willing to help people that are truthful and honest, but when they find that the people looking for help are being dishonest and deceitful and they will find out. Help will be hard to come by.

Locals Find!

Well, I guess my post has degraded into a whine fest for those on here that don't have lives.

Any professionals out their that actually know something about the internet. Willing to tell me if this is possible or not?

Vinylman

"Any professionals out their that actually know something about the internet. Willing to tell me if this is possible or not?"

Yes!, and Yes!

Last edited:

Locals Find!

Let me be more clear then. Can someone please post a link with information please on where I could purchase such a php script or where I might find such a script for Free.

As this will be useful to many others besides myself. It would be greatly appreciated.

signmeup

Yikes! I sure can't help. I don't even know what a mobile web page is. What is it anyway? How is it mobile?

Locals Find!

Yikes! I sure can't help. I don't even know what a mobile web page is. What is it anyway? How is it mobile?

We are designing a .mobi webpage for him that is optimized for cell / smart phones. Such as the Blackberry, Droid, IPhone etc.. We are also using a combination of QR codes for his marketing. What he wants though is some kind of script or something that will email him when someone visits the page. That way he can have real time info on if his marketing is working or not. Rather than just waiting for the Analytic report.

Really, rather cool idea if I can figure out how to make it work for him.

WildWestDesigns

We are designing a .mobi webpage for him that is optimized for cell / smart phones. Such as the Blackberry, Droid, IPhone etc.. We are also using a combination of QR codes for his marketing. What he wants though is some kind of script or something that will email him when someone visits the page. That way he can have real time info on if his marketing is working or not. Rather than just waiting for the Analytic report.

Really, rather cool idea if I can figure out how to make it work for him.

Most websites have a cpanel page that you or your client can view stats of those visiting the website. I know what thread people click on my link to view my website and what pages they see and how long they are on my website.

buttons

Let me be more clear then. Can someone please post a link with information please on where I could purchase such a php script or where I might find such a script for Free.

As this will be useful to many others besides myself. It would be greatly appreciated.

This could be a really weird out there suggestion but....

write the PHP script that does that yourself.

I know that if a client comes to me and says "make me a sign" or "make me a decal".. I do as they ask. I don't go to someone else to get them to do it. :help

You've already proven you don't do anything though so I don't expect much.

Locals Find!

This could be a really weird out there suggestion but....

write the PHP script that does that yourself.

I know that if a client comes to me and says "make me a sign" or "make me a decal".. I do as they ask. I don't go to someone else to get them to do it. :help

You've already proven you don't do anything though so I don't expect much.

I am just learning php I can code HTML all day long. That is why I can't write it myself. I don't have enough knowledge yet to do that.

I do make a lot of my own product by the way. Anything that is plotted vinyl gets made in house. Just like most of the shops on here. I outsource all my printing. I don't see how that is any different then most of you. Other than the fact I don't pretend to do everything in house.

Locals Find!

so people go to that website, and ask you to do web work......................?

Yes, most of the web work I do is for Realtors.

Not complicated Retail sites. I actually HATE my website. If I could find someone to actually give it a serious makeover that would actually return my calls and finish the work I would hire them in a heartbeat.

Real Estate sites are fairly simple. Its not that hard to plug in the IDX , Real Bird , or Listingbook feeds. A contact page and some basic links to resources and its done. Like most of my work all that really changes are the names, #'s and logos. We are not talking rocket science here. I don't claim to be a top notch web designer by any means.