• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Your Tough Love (Input)

Jillbeans

Neither idea says "food" to me and the color is kinda pukey.
First one has no contrast.
From the thumbnails it looks more like animal print than flames.
It could be a fun idea, Signmaniac has a nice take on it.
With a name like Strollins I can envision sort of a "Keep on Truckin" kind of man with a burger in his hand, or a dapper dan type guy wearing spats and a bib to protect a fancy suit.
Love....Jill

signgal

*gasps* pork butts?! you've not had slow grilled pork butts, signmeup? You must let me know when you travel to the sunshine state, so that can be corrected.

Jillbeans

Here's a quick idea.
I don't have a vehicle outline or fills or time to do that, this is just general for tones and content. You'd have to get a "real" drawing not a mincemeat clipart/font montage like this.

Attachments

• spat.jpg
    spat.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 116

Idea Design

If the tag line "You can smell our butts all over town" is something the restaurant has been using for some time and it has recognition then keep it. However, when I first read it I immediately thought of cigarettes, maybe a good tag line for a smokers shop.

Funny, I thought it was a chili joint.

tcorn1965

When I lived down in Dyersburg Tennessee they had a Bad Bobs BBQ that was outstanding. One of the shirts they sold said something about smelling their butt, the shirts were a big seller!

signgal

my step dad got into MAJOR grilling and ended up doing the BBQ for the cookouts for his plumber cronies and their families. Man, he had the set up... anyway, he had this great airbrush girl that would do funny aprons for him every year. My personal favorite was "wanna help me rub my butts?" Picture a Pig with waggling eyebrows here

ROFL

SignManiac

Quite often, the more controversial a name or tag line is, the more publicity it will generate. Even bad publicity is sometimes good.

Big Blue

I like your Idea, the fire could have more of a red color to properly represent hot bbq pit coals, the slogan is great. Be a little more creative on you font. and use a color that contrasts nicley with the flames. My opinion.... Don't get rid of the flames, and don't get rid of the slogan.... maybe throw a bbq pork sammich, or a hogg on there somewhere.

threads1

Not that this has anything to do with the design but, I use "Bad Byron's Butt Rub" when I BBQ. It's awesome.

Attachments

• bad byrons.jpg
    bad byrons.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 107
The problem I have with the tag line is that "world famous hamburgers" is more prominent than BBQ. The combination of "butts" and hamburgers isn't very appealing. I think with a tag line like that you should put more focus on the "BBQ" and less on the burgers.