• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Negative Comments, What to do?

J

john1

Hey, I just received a email from my website since it's built around a blog system that said i had a new comment on a blog.

I thought great, Open it up and it's someone bashing my business because i had not used the "correct" grammer on a blog post. Calling my business stupid and saying whomever wrote this post should have stayed in school until fifth grade etc.

I searched the email since they provided that along with their ip on a few sites and came up with nothing but a photography site they had posted another comment on, a generous one at that.

I probably should let this go and i will but i kinda wanted to get back somehow at them lol

Oh what a crazy bunch we have in this world.

Malkin

Eh.. that's pretty much why I haven't bothered with any kind of social media. The jack-holes always seem to have the louder voice.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
My engrish not so good, but I just did a quick peek and there were some odd grammar and sentence structure on your postings... hey, there are a million social networking consultants now.

Locals Find!

dump the blog system. Visit www.advertizit.net purchase a simple website tonight account. Then you can have a real site with lots of cool features for a couple of bucks a month and Jackoffs like that wont' be able to trash you for not using spell check.

mikey-Oh

'll have you know, my eight grade grammar coach was very strict!
in the words of beyoncé's irreplaceble “to the left, to the left”

Si Allen

If you are going to venture out in the big wide world ... you better grow a set of gonads and a thick skin.

The world is full of a..holes just looking for a place to crap on somebody.

Bly

just fix the grammar and delete his post.

then you can ask fred to delete this thread and it'll be like it never happened :tongue:

Yes, this.

Honestly if you are a signmaker and use poor spelling/grammar and asking for comments then you are asking for it.

J

john1

It wasn't really poor grammer, i said in a blog post "i seen" and they said it should be "i saw", Petty and dumb but still was funny to say the least.

I'm not bothered at all by this, I was just seeing if anyone had any funny come backs since i have the persons ip and email lol

Pat Whatley

Honestly, as petty as it is, bad grammar is enough, and has been enough, to make me decide not to use a company. If you're going to have a blog about your business you have to remember that every post you make is a direct reflection on your business. You may write something you think is clever or entertaining or informative and never realize that the majority of the people reading it don't get the joke.

That said, if somebody read it and made an ass of themselves in an email to you just delete it and move on with your life. There's a whole lot of courage behind the anonymity of the internet...just look at the number of people on any webforum who hide behind webnames.

CES020

it's someone bashing my business because i had not used the "correct" grammer on a blog post. Calling my business stupid and saying whomever wrote this post should have stayed in school until fifth grade etc.

Spelling is not my strong point, but it's grammar, NOT grammer.

If you intent to post things about your business on your site, write them in a word processor and use spell check then use the grammar check function. It'll help a great deal. The poster might have been closer to being right than you want to admit :) (only kidding, I'm horrible at grammar too)

Pat Whatley

Spelling is not my strong point, but it's grammar, NOT grammer.

I caught that when I proofread it but got distracted before I changed it. Few things stink like making a post about grammar using words spelled incorrectly. Remind me not to do business with myself, either.:thumb:

jiarby

I think it should be "I have seen" or "I've seen"

You could channel Winston Churchill in a reply...

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Winston Churchill

maybe even make a whole blog post about grammar!

"I may be a bad speller...but you, sir, are an a$$hole. I can run spell-check and fix my spelling before posting but you will always be an a$$hole."

Then block his IP address from your site and shut off comments.

Craig Sjoquist

Write them back and say ..thank you for pointing out your grammar ...and get a proof reader if necessary and change it .. lol
Knows that mine is worse to horrible but have hired a proof reader to help rewrite what's in my website, people do comment about it some laugh some tell me what
s wrong, oh well best you can do is change it so do it.