• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Negative Comments, What to do?

Bigdawg

Just Me
If you have it open to comments... you have to expect negative ones too.

I would laugh it off... probably comment that "oops" didn't catch that one - and I see that it might give the wrong impression of my company. Just like your post probably gives the wrong impression of you as internet grammar psycho...

signmeup

"I seen" is incorrect. He/She/It did you favour. Irreguardless..... scrape your shoe and move on. (heh)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
"I seen" is incorrect. He/She/It did you favour. Irreguardless..... scrape your shoe and move on. (heh)

In a round about way, they did do you a favor. They woke you up and this should make you stronger and more conscientious of not making little mistakes.

No matter how many good things a person says, does or can accomplish.... one iota of a stink... and it can ruin your reputation.

Fix the problem and let someone proof read, because even with word or spell check.... some words can not be detected.

I've already wanted the word 'two' and it came out 'tow'. Spell Check doesn't fix wrong words, unless they're completely out of context. There are all kinds of weird mistakes.... just fix this one and move on. :thumb:

Joe Diaz

Our website is set up to so that others can't see a comment until we approve the comment. And it's not set that way so that we can field negative comments, its so that people cannot post spam on our site. I would maybe see if that setting is available to you.

dump the blog system. Visit www.advertizit.net purchase a simple website tonight account. Then you can have a real site with lots of cool features for a couple of bucks a month and Jackoffs like that wont' be able to trash you for not using spell check.

HOLY SELF PROMOTION BATMAN!!!!

Oddly enough,
A simple whois search on advertizit.net and adtechia.com come up to the same person and address.......

If you are reselling Godaddy's stuff at least be honest about it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Oddly enough,
A simple whois search on advertizit.net and adtechia.com come up to the same person and address.......

Must be a worm or someone impersonating him. He wouldn't purposely do that..... publicly. :rolleyes:

J

john1

Our website is set up to so that others can't see a comment until we approve the comment. And it's not set that way so that we can field negative comments, its so that people cannot post spam on our site. I would maybe see if that setting is available to you.

Oh its that way also, It's wordpress but i was just saying. I'm not upset AT ALL i just figured there would be a smarty on this forum who might have something to sign their email up with lol

J

john1

Oddly enough,

Wow, LOL PWND! *spelling*

Locals Find!

Oddly enough,

That is not my business. I don't own it. I just have been using it for years. It is owned by my Father. I don't live with him. I did for brief period. When I was forced out of my home due to my landlord getting foreclosed on. Its the same as GoDaddy.com they are both sites are produced and backboned by a Company called Wild West Domains.

My Father Ed Jones is also listed as My Webmaster and overall contact information concerning my domain names. I did that because I have a Heart Condition and occasionally am incapacitated and he can maintain everything for me.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
"i seen" and they said it should be "i saw"

Yep...I remember that one well, and it's near and dear to my heart. When I was a kid, my sweet little grand-mom visited us for two weeks and she always corrected my brother on that one....seems like I heard it a thousand times.

I can still hear her soft voice correcting him, and I can honestly say that I never...ever... get that one wrong any more. God rest your precious soul gram...I miss those days.

WildWestDesigns

Yep...I remember that one well, and it's near and dear to my heart. When I was a kid, my sweet little grand-mom visited us for two weeks and she always corrected my brother on that one....seems like I heard it a thousand times.

I can still hear her soft voice correcting him, and I can honestly say that I never...ever... get that one wrong any more. God rest your precious soul gram...I miss those days.

Mine is the same way, but she is a retired English teacher from back in the day when they were able to smack your hand if you got something wrong(she is 96 now, so that gives you a rough time period of back in the day).

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
My is the same way, but she is a retired English teacher from back in the day when they were able to smack your hand if you got something wrong(she is 96 now, so that gives you a rough time period of back in the day).

Sorry for being a :thread, but I had a few of those teachers myself, and looking back, I can't see anything wrong with that...obviously with in reason, though. Most, if not all the kids I went to school with were relatively obedient and quite respectful of teachers and administration...AND so were their parents. Far cry from today.

WildWestDesigns

Sorry for being a :thread, but I had a few of those teachers myself, and looking back, I can't see anything wrong with that...obviously with in reason, though. Most, if not all the kids I went to school with were relatively obedient and quite respectful of teachers and administration...AND so were their parents. Far cry from today.

Oh I absolutely agree. We still got the "whistling" paddle if we acted up when I was going to school. My parents also didn't take my side no matter what if a teacher had a problem with me. The teacher really had to be off their rocker for my parents to take my side versus an adult unless something just didn't sit right with them.

Teachers just don't have "power" in their classrooms anymore and it's biting us in the ass now. Before the ole ball and chain got her accounting degree, she was going to teach high school English, but while student teaching it was causing her unbelievable issues(some involving health) while trying to deal with that "no student left behind" crap. She had to teach to the lower common denominator and that typically was a student(s) that didn't care, but they still had to understand the lesson.

We need to go back to "survival of the fittest" when it comes to education. Of course, having said that I probably wouldn't have survived either.