• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Network chip Roland VP540

Krister Koppari

Anyhow, I have put back the original rtl8102 and will make a trip to my friend tomorrow or on Thursday and try the mainboard in the machine again.

Cosmin

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201210-212443.png
    Screenshot_20201210-212443.png
    264.8 KB · Views: 283

Cosmin

You can use 25Mhz crystal with minor modifications.

Attachments

• 16111376604051351511966935886537.jpg
    16111376604051351511966935886537.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 279

Krister Koppari

Update!
Network connection is now working again with original RTL8102 chip!

But, in my search for errors I tested every possible thing I could think of and sadly did a factory reset on the machine.
Now we get error code 0101, Limit Position Initialize in the Service Mode has not been done.
I have follwed the steps in the service manual several times but get an error message at step 4, Position invalid out of range.

I have checked the limit sensor with the "Sensor check" in the service menu and I can see that the star "*" is present under letter "O" when the head is near the limit sensor.

That is were we are right now.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Update!
Network connection is now working again with original RTL8102 chip!

But, in my search for errors I tested every possible thing I could think of and sadly did a factory reset on the machine.
Now we get error code 0101, Limit Position Initialize in the Service Mode has not been done.
I have follwed the steps in the service manual several times but get an error message at step 4, Position invalid out of range.

I have checked the limit sensor with the "Sensor check" in the service menu and I can see that the star "*" is present under letter "O" when the head is near the limit sensor.

That is were we are right now.

Run the encoder setup and then encoder calibration in service mode. Both are automatic adjustments. Then try the limit position again.

Krister Koppari

Run the encoder setup and then encoder calibration in service mode. Both are automatic adjustments. Then try the limit position again.

When I try to run encoder setup I also get error 0101.
I have now found out that the printer head does not lock in place in the parking place.
I need to look at the locking mechanism that does not work.
Thanx for the input, I will try it when I get the head to lock in place.

Krister Koppari

Do you got spare parts for Roland machines?
We also have a SP-300 that I think the long head cable is broken.
It stops in random places while printing and we get an error message about the head not finding the sensor.