• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Never done a wrap

Saltedlake450

hey there! I was looking to see if anyone ghas any tips on how to price this rv(attached). Its a 40 foot in lenght and 9 feet height. Ive never done a wrap, not even on a car. Would you guys recommend I do this job or partner up with someelse that does wrap? Im in southern California? What would something like this go for? Thanks!

Attachments

• rvwrap.jpg
    rvwrap.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 92

wildside

what you probably want to hear:
easy, do it yourself, everyone has to start somewhere, price it at 5 dollars a square foot, you'll make tons of money, only take about a day to do.....

what you need to hear:
this is a difficult one to start with, you will definitely need help with some experienced hands if you keep it in house, pricing this thing could go a lot of different ways, plus design time, plus a place to install out of the elements, big and somewhat flat doesn't mean easy by any means

my best advise would be to pass on this, you don't seem to be experienced enough to tackle this one right out of the gate, even talking with the client you will not truly know what to say or even ask about their costly vehicle they are trusting to you not to destroy, i know everyone starts somewhere, but i think you will learn a very valuable and costly lesson if you attempt this one that you may not be able to recover from

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looking at your profile, you don't even own a printer or laminator. Should you tackle this and get measurements messed up... or just mess up putting things on, you'll have to spend quite a bit to have things delivered to you in a hurry..... providing you don't make any other mistakes.

I think you might be a little in over your head or comfort level. Either give it to someone who can do it or team up with someone who will let you help in all phases of the project from design to print to application.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
So this woman wants her hair and makeup done for her wedding. I've never done hair or makeup before...not even a little. How much should I charge her to do it and should I try to do it by myself or work with a professional salon?
Kinda makes the question sound stupid when it's put like that doesn't it? Well just multiply the cost of the products by a bazillion and that's what YOU are asking.

:doh:

Dan Antonelli

I get hives just thinking about what it takes to do a job like that. I don't know how you guys that do this all day - do it so well.

GP

I am sure you can find someone locally (and maybe even on this board) to refer that job to. That is a lot to handle.

ProWraps

where are you in california?

i can knock this out of the park for you in zero time and make you some money on it.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We just did a full wrap on a 12' tall 40 footer. No side popouts. Around 10k out the door. Yeah, not something you want to tackle being new to wraps for sure. You have a LOT of seams, doors, hatches, windows, etc to cut around on something like this. This will take a couple of experienced installers a few days to do right which will include removing grab handles, and what not, proper cleaning and prep, etc. Not as simple as it might appear. Definitley need an inside space if you really want to do it right unless it happens to be the perfect weather there right now. And you are not even printing it yourself? If you go for it please post a lot about how it all goes down, lol.

fmg

I actually think it looks rather nice the way it is at present.What design out of curiosity are the customers wanting.
I suppose you could always slap a couple of magnets on the doors!!!

ProWraps

sadly huell howser just passed away so it wont ever be featured on "California's Gold".

but its a lovely place. real warm in the winter.

mudmedia

sadly huell howser just passed away so it wont ever be featured on "California's Gold".

but its a lovely place. real warm in the winter.

Are you high? Its freezing out here! lol Been cold all week but then again I could never live in North Dakota or somewhere where its about 2 degrees!

Awesome bus! Go tackle it and hopefully your customer doesn't send you a bill!

SolitaryT

Dude... I've got limited wrap experience. I could totally do that wrap... if I had three months and nothing else to do, and if the customer was willing to pay $15,000 or so. Realistically, there's a point where, if you care about your customer and your own reputation, you research a company that is known for doing wraps very well and refer your customer to them. Maybe, if you're interested and lucky, you can watch or participate and learn. But to take that on yourself? Be very cautious.

GP

I didn't want to pitch ProWraps without him chiming in - but I am sure he can knock it and make it worth it for both of you.

Saltedlake450

thanks for the replys guys!!! Yes I own a printer, I would just need the laminate to outsource the laminating. Im near San Diego, anyone want to partner up? The design is easy, its just the install on both sides and front and back. Anyone wanting to partner up from San Diego, email me your number so we can chat. Im looking to get the job and learn at the same time