• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New and I know just enough to....

LowcountrySigns

make me dangerous. Does anyone have experience with the Fujifilm Acuity Advanced that can print straight to substrates 2" thick?
What are the advantages/setbacks of this model? What software do you need to run?

Thanks for any advice.....

wonsngis

I'll share what little I know; Great print quality. Extremely slow. Not sure about reliability/durability.

wonsngis

Whomever sells you the printer generally is responsible for your initial training. Running the printer is only half (or less) of the path to good output, however. The RIP you choose is a key part of that. There are generally classes (seminars) you can attend for most RIPping softwares. Or you can pay big $ to have someone come to your shop and train you specifically on your equipment.

After that, it's never ending on-the-job experience. I've been printing for 7 years and I'm still learning.