• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new customer logo

ucmj22

Client: Chiropractor
Direction: "Clean, Straightforward, Clinical"

What's everyones thoughts on this one so far?

Attachments

• MVSPINE.jpg
    MVSPINE.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 117

signmeup

What Bob said plus... the little connectors between the squares seem to jump all around and will be lost in smaller sizes. I'd delete them.

Marlene

I think for clean and clinical, I would choose a sans serif font instead.

me too

also, maybe get rid of the connecting lines between all the blocks to make it simpler. you could also stagger the blue blocks so it looks like a spine out of whack

dj_elite

Or at least fatten up the lines in between if you want to keep them. Other than that different font for "Spine & Disc", looks great!

Marlene

What Bob said plus... the little connectors between the squares seem to jump all around and will be lost in smaller sizes. I'd delete them

also, maybe get rid of the connecting lines between all the blocks to make it simpler

we must have posting at the same time as I also think the connectors should go

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What does the tic-tac-toe thing have to do with anything? Why the distracting box that sort of surrounds the text? Regardless of those affectations, the whole thing is Yet Another typographical train wreck.

ucmj22

What does the tic-tac-toe thing have to do with anything? Why the distracting box that sort of surrounds the text? Regardless of those affectations, the whole thing is Yet Another typographical train wreck.

What exactly about helvetica is a train wreck?

HulkSmash

Here's one i did about 6 years ago. Kinda similar, maybe it'll help in some way.

Attachments

• if.jpg
    if.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 104

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What exactly about helvetica is a train wreck?

A fine choice if you're making a sign identifying a freeway exit.

Your problem is not so much your dubious choices in type face, it's far more the ghastly layout with words disjointedly floating here and there coupled with the unremarkable if not downright boring color choices.

SignManiac

Here's a cleaner version of your attempt. How many fonts do you own on your computer? My effort was five minutes but Adrian's version is excellent for one minute.

Attachments

• Mt.Vernon.jpg
    Mt.Vernon.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 98

ucmj22

A fine choice if you're making a sign identifying a freeway exit.

Your problem is not so much your dubious choices in type face, it's far more the ghastly layout with words disjointedly floating here and there coupled with the unremarkable if not downright boring color choices.

perhaps you missed the customers requests of "clean, simple, and clinical"
also, the visual hierarchy of text is as the customer has requested with Spine & Disc being the most prominent. The box surrounding the text, I feel, ties the smaller text in with the rest of the logo making it feel more unified. the tic-tac-toe you reference is a 3X3 grid meant to represent the 33 human vertebrae. As always, I appreciate everyones input, but constructive criticism is much better received than strings of negative adjectives with no suggestions. :toasting:

Locals Find!

I am no logo designer, but if I saw that box on my chiropractors sign or letterhead or anything I wouldn't get it. A spine showing vertebrae I could understand or even something similar. The box just seems weird and if its gotta be explained to people in the industry the average sheep of a consumer won't get it.

ucmj22

I am no logo designer, but if I saw that box on my chiropractors sign or letterhead or anything I wouldn't get it. A spine showing vertebrae I could understand or even something similar. The box just seems weird and if its gotta be explained to people in the industry the average sheep of a consumer won't get it.

I understand. The 33 vertebrae reference will not be captured by most if any, and is more for the chiropractor himself so he can tell his other chiropractor buddies how cool his logo is. I could very easily use the curve of a back, the spine shape made from circles, or any of the other common spine icons used for 95% of the chiropractors out there, but then I wouldn't be much of a designer, and more of a copier.

rjpjr

Client: Chiropractor
Direction: "Clean, Straightforward, Clinical"

I would update the font as suggested.
I would also consider rounding the corners to present a more natural/organic feel...more like bones and vertebrea.
I would NOT offset the center row as presented in your second option as it looks like it needs an adjustment. :Big Laugh

Attachments

• MtVernonSpine-Disc.jpg
    MtVernonSpine-Disc.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 91