• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New equipment all set up!

qmr55

Just finished setting up the new 52" sheet metal shear and our accucutter corner rounding tool!

Both of them cut like butter and will be a great addition to the shop!

Anyone in the area need blanks cut and rounded let me know!

Attachments

• IMG_20121220_141329.jpg
    IMG_20121220_141329.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20121220_141351.jpg
    IMG_20121220_141351.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 109

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Tell more about that shear... that would be very nice to have around. How much did it cost?

SignManiac

Nice... That's my plan for 2013. Invest in a bunch of metal working equipment. I just missed out on a 10' sheet metal brake by one day that was locally for sale on Craigs List.

qmr55

Tell more about that shear... that would be very nice to have around. How much did it cost?

It is a 52" sheet metal shear from Northern Tools. We paid a little over a grand on it and then about $200 more in modifications we made to it. Didn't like the way the rear of it was set up so we made some of our own custom stuff. Will post some pics of that later.

Nice... That's my plan for 2013. Invest in a bunch of metal working equipment. I just missed out on a 10' sheet metal brake by one day that was locally for sale on Craigs List.

Yup we got tired of relying on other people to cut 4x8 sheets to size and/or doing it by hand. Ordered them Monday had them both yesterday all set up today.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, if you need 6pcs 2' x 8' cut down from 4' x 8's...... how does this work ??

qmr55

So, if you need 6pcs 2' x 8' cut down from 4' x 8's...... how does this work ??

Mark the 4x8 sheet every 2 feet (mark two extra inches gives you line point to slice) and put it on there, line up the marks, check square, step on the foot pedal. Slide it forward to next mark, line up, check square, step on foot pedal. Repeat...

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'm confused on that. It only has a 52" width. It would seem impossible to use it to cut a 4x8 sheet lengthwise.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Even if it had a 96" width I doubt you would be able to jump hard enough to cut anything of much thickness at that length. I cannot recall ever having seen a jump shear wider than about 60". Any wider are generally powered. A friend has a 50" and cutting full 48" .080 aluminum is barely doable - you have to jump about as hard as you can (and the fatter you are the better lol) to chop aluminum that thick.