• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New From NC

conoven

Hello Everyone!

I am glad to be apart of this site and hope to learn a lot about the sign industry from here.

A little about me:

I have just recently decided that I wanted to get into vinyl art. If this means going for home decor or vinyl car wrapping I dont know just yet. I recently purchased a hobby cutter (Silhouette Cameo) just to see if I can do this. I use to work for a vinyl sign place about 7 years ago, but all I did was weed, and lay vinyl on cars. My goal is to become decent and small vinyl designs first then purchase the 24" GCC Expert LX plotter and start getting into bigger jobs. I have been doing freelance graphic designs on the side, but not in vector so this will be a new ball game for me.

I know I will have a ton of questions, and hopefully a few answers for some others. But if anyone has any design hints, or websites for a newbie to go look at, I do not mind any help at all!

- Jason

conoven

Thanks Everyone!

And our Snow/Sleetpocalypse is still kicking strong, and will be here tomorrow as well. So far I am out of work for two days so I'll take that.

- Jason

danno

Welcome from Charlotte!! We have a snowicane right at the moment. It was an icycane earlier today.

jwindsor

Welcome from SC

Hi Jason,

Welcome from snowy SC. Where in NC are you located? Spent 10 months in Durham during 2012 so the folks at Duke could give me two new lungs. That is a really nice area. Still go every three months so they can check me out. This is a great group. Tons of knowledge here. Good luck, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Joe

conoven

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcomes!

And to Joe and Danno, I am located right outside of Charlotte in Gastonia, NC. Honestly I have only been up to Durham once, and that was a few years ago.

- Jason