• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New HP Latex 700 and 800 series - with White ink

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Just random stuff. All the printheads for a new printer.

l49dgfjwo4.jpg

Rameez

Recently got 800w installed and I am using ORAFOL ORAJET 3164 but the ink is wearing off after removing from the printer. anyone has experienced these issues with using

ORAFOL ORAJET 3164 and if anybody has created the ICC profile for this particular vinyl please can you share it?

balstestrat

Problem Solver

Recently got 800w installed and I am using ORAFOL ORAJET 3164 but the ink is wearing off after removing from the printer. anyone has experienced these issues with using

ORAFOL ORAJET 3164 and if anybody has created the ICC profile for this particular vinyl please can you share it?

It sounds like for whatever reason you have Overcoat turned off from the profile? Check that.
Or is it not drying? How is it wearing?

The generic is usually pretty good but you can download Orajet 3164XG from the Online substrate library on the front panel.

Rameez

It sounds like for whatever reason you have Overcoat turned off from the profile? Check that.
Or is it not drying? How is it wearing?

The generic is usually pretty good but you can download Orajet 3164XG from the Online substrate library on the front panel.
the overcoat is on. and I used my nails lightly to check and it came off. and for the profile can you send me the link please? also I kept the heating at 90 should I bump it up to 100?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
the overcoat is on. and I used my nails lightly to check and it came off. and for the profile can you send me the link please? also I kept the heating at 90 should I bump it up to 100?
You most definitely have a issue either with a faulty roll or not in reality having overcoat on the print. It will not scratch that easily normally. You can try to up it to 100 but it should not need that much.

Easiest to do download it from the printer... But if you must https://www.printos.com/ml/#/medialocator

balstestrat

Problem Solver
A little tip for you guys who are already using the printer. Especially if you use a lot of white ink, you can possibly even double the life of your maintenance cartridge this way.
Because it stores the waste ink at the bottom, it doesn't always completely use the cleaning roll.

By removing the waste ink from the bottom (red) and resetting the flag (blue), you can use the full amount of the cleaning roll in case there is some left (green).
Just suck the waste ink out of the bottom and discard it. Put a piece of (preferably paper sticker) vinyl on top of the old if it's not white any longer. And check the remaining amount of cleaning roll from the window.

Now the printer will still know approx when the cleaning roll is ending because there is a flag there. Usually the usage is just limited by the waste ink (especially using white).

I do recommend doing this before hitting 0% as you risk ruining your new part of cleaning roll if the waste ink touches it.

1631805306363.png

Rameez

Going thru lots of issues after having the machine for a month. The power wire loosens up while printing. That leads to date strip damage that leads to printheads damage. After 5 days of getting all fixed up now getting the issue with the firmware issues which we try all ways to troubleshoot. now they are going to replace the hard drive which they are on back order. Does anybody has got any issues with 800W?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Going thru lots of issues after having the machine for a month. The power wire loosens up while printing. That leads to date strip damage that leads to printheads damage. After 5 days of getting all fixed up now getting the issue with the firmware issues which we try all ways to troubleshoot. now they are going to replace the hard drive which they are on back order. Does anybody has got any issues with 800W?
What firmware issues you have?
Did you already update to newest firmware that just came out, PLS_26_********? It's supposed to fix a bunch of firmware errors.

Rameez

What firmware issues you have?
Did you already update to newest firmware that just came out, PLS_26_********? It's supposed to fix a bunch of firmware errors.
I did went to HP support website to download the new firmware can you care to share the link from where I can get it. The one they have on there website is PLS_20

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I did went to HP support website to download the new firmware can you care to share the link from where I can get it. The one they have on there website is PLS_20
It's not there yet, probably takes few days. Just let the printer download it.
Front panel main menu -> About printer -> Left side Firmware tab -> check.

Rameez

Or just let the printer update itself?????
That's not an issue but it's not letting me print anything at the moment. and the bad thing with me is I don't have any backup printer to run the jobs. :s

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-10-07 at 12.02.44 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-07 at 12.02.44 PM.jpeg
    308.2 KB · Views: 304

balstestrat

Problem Solver
That's not an issue but it's not letting me print anything at the moment. and the bad thing with me is I don't have any backup printer to run the jobs. :s
I'm lost here. Why don't you update it if you can and see if it's any help or not?

Rameez

I'm lost here. Why don't you update it if you can and see if it's any help or not?
I tried to update with the one they have online and did all the cache clear procedures as well as having their tech support on call. But as I send the print this error pops up rightaway. only when I send the print. If I restart the machine and don't send any printing no issue. even did the head alignment no issue. It's confusing don't know what to do.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I tried to update with the one they have online and did all the cache clear procedures as well as having their tech support on call. But as I send the print this error pops up rightaway. only when I send the print. If I restart the machine and don't send any printing no issue. even did the head alignment no issue. It's confusing don't know what to do.
Okay mate, what ever. I just checked and the PLS_26_******** is supposed to fix that error.
So you can let the printer update for 30mins and get rid of the error or wait until.........

:blondie:

Rameez

Okay mate, what ever. I just checked and the PLS_26_******** is supposed to fix that error.
So you can let the printer update for 30mins and get rid of the error or wait until.........

:blondie:
Thanks for all the help bro. Just waiting on this update to get available in the machine so I let it update I don't mind 30 mins or 1 hour :D

Rameez

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-10-07 at 12.51.47 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-07 at 12.51.47 PM (1).jpeg
    388.4 KB · Views: 281
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-10-07 at 12.51.47 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-07 at 12.51.47 PM.jpeg
    317.6 KB · Views: 230
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-10-07 at 12.51.48 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-07 at 12.51.48 PM.jpeg
    592.5 KB · Views: 273