• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New HP Latex 700 and 800 series - with White ink

ikarasu

Is the 700/800 still 12 pass for traffic? The 360 is 12 pass and brutally slow... the 700 says it's twice as fast as the 360. Ours is arriving any day...so I havent been able to check

But yes. Traffic companies get a rebate from 3M when purchasing a "Traffic" printer. The 360/365, Durst machines, 1500 latex all apply to the rebate. We hit the max...so the machine is like 70% paid for by 3M, which is nice.

The durst/1500 is like 10% paid for...so not as nice. but those machines are beasts and expensive, so I get it.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Is the 700/800 still 12 pass for traffic? The 360 is 12 pass and brutally slow... the 700 says it's twice as fast as the 360. Ours is arriving any day...so I havent been able to check

But yes. Traffic companies get a rebate from 3M when purchasing a "Traffic" printer. The 360/365, Durst machines, 1500 latex all apply to the rebate. We hit the max...so the machine is like 70% paid for by 3M, which is nice.

The durst/1500 is like 10% paid for...so not as nice. but those machines are beasts and expensive, so I get it.
Yup, still 12 pass.

balstestrat

Problem Solver

Yeah the traffic profiles were 12p. But like you said, lot faster.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I was wondering, on the 800 printers that are having banding below 12p are the version of your machines a or b?
And what if I have both and even some extra? It's only a "region code" afaik. There's no difference.
I'm sure if COVID didn't exist they would ship these as separate units with their own region codes but I think they are trying to save some $$$ here.

1634709755717.png

ikarasu

Are there any service manuals out there online for these yet? Always good to have kicking around incase something happens... :D

Christian @ 2CT Media

And what if I have both and even some extra? It's only a "region code" afaik. There's no difference.
I'm sure if COVID didn't exist they would ship these as separate units with their own region codes but I think they are trying to save some $$$ here.

View attachment 155955
I just bought a Demo unit that is Version A, the dealer I bought it from was saying that version B is what they were seeing as problems as confirmed by 2 local companies who received version B. The demo I bought, I just set up a 4p and 6p profile for our wraps and I can't see any banding in it, grain yes (as expected). We are building some test files to see if we can get it to show up as it was a condition of our purchase and I plan on doing further testing. I was just trying to see if there was any additional anecdotal evidence supporting the version issue.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I just bought a Demo unit that is Version A, the dealer I bought it from was saying that version B is what they were seeing as problems as confirmed by 2 local companies who received version B. The demo I bought, I just set up a 4p and 6p profile for our wraps and I can't see any banding in it, grain yes (as expected). We are building some test files to see if we can get it to show up as it was a condition of our purchase and I plan on doing further testing. I was just trying to see if there was any additional anecdotal evidence supporting the version issue.
I think it's woodoo or what ever but like I said, shouldn't be anything else than a region code. That picture above is behind from L800W.

Just make some different shades of solids and run them large enough. Like a foot size squares. Red, green, blue, grey, brown etc.

NIBP11

i New firmware out. PLS_26_21_27.1
I recommend to update. Lots of good things compared to PLS_20.
I was curious if anyone else has had issues with colors, I have a brand new (less then 2 weeks old) 800W and my colors are really far off. is there a color setting Im not aware of that I need to click? Flexi Rip, printing wraps on Avery 1105 or 3M 180CV3. I know the colors will be a little off which Id be ok with but they are not even close to the file color... Using Photoshop or Illustrators files PDF EPS dose not seem to matter. Any insight to this color issue would be greatly appreciated.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I was curious if anyone else has had issues with colors, I have a brand new (less then 2 weeks old) 800W and my colors are really far off. is there a color setting Im not aware of that I need to click? Flexi Rip, printing wraps on Avery 1105 or 3M 180CV3. I know the colors will be a little off which Id be ok with but they are not even close to the file color... Using Photoshop or Illustrators files PDF EPS dose not seem to matter. Any insight to this color issue would be greatly appreciated.
Haven't heard that before. Now that you say you have Flexi I'm pretty sure that's the problem. If you have done color calibration on the printer to that profile then it's time to triple check everything with your file exporting and flexi color correction tab.
You need to have the right profile there and color correction ON. The colors should not be much off from what I've seen.

Just example of the page, don't copy the settings:
_GdALwlkNFc1YkrkMc2_Bdqh-SCzlpb9gGEu4Xnp0wofmXB9TLiLoT-178pvLL6Tldn394mKGo6HBeInATAeADBv9vM5YKqyYU53kA78GqyyPHFgRK8LuWR6yGEtp4ZeCpg

k_graham

Haven't heard that before. Now that you say you have Flexi I'm pretty sure that's the problem. If you have done color calibration on the printer to that profile then it's time to triple check everything with your file exporting and flexi color correction tab.
You need to have the right profile there and color correction ON. The colors should not be much off from what I've seen.

_GdALwlkNFc1YkrkMc2_Bdqh-SCzlpb9gGEu4Xnp0wofmXB9TLiLoT-178pvLL6Tldn394mKGo6HBeInATAeADBv9vM5YKqyYU53kA78GqyyPHFgRK8LuWR6yGEtp4ZeCpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NIBP11

Can you try and reload that example? For some reason I am not able to see it. Thanks

NIBP11

Thanks,

Mine is a bit different. DPI only shows 600x600 and I can not change the Dither option. Thanks for your help. I will see what I can find out. Thanks again

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Thanks,

Mine is a bit different. DPI only shows 600x600 and I can not change the Dither option. Thanks for your help. I will see what I can find out. Thanks again
Yeah like I said, don't copy the settings. It's just a random picture from internet of the correct page.

AGCharlotte

got ours in last week... still working through some teething issues (having issues w/ some of my usual stocks getting loaded in (and not binding up and causing headstrikes) and profiled) but seems like a good machine so far.

NIBP11

got ours in last week... still working through some teething issues (having issues w/ some of my usual stocks getting loaded in (and not binding up and causing headstrikes) and profiled) but seems like a good machine so far.
I am having the same issues with trying to get it loaded.