• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New HP Latex 700 and 800 series - with White ink

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Well damn, it WAS available by pressing that check button as long as your printer is connected to internet.

I just updated 4 printers like that yesterday. Maybe they pulled it back for some reason.

My bad if so.

Rameez

Well damn, it WAS available by pressing that check button as long as your printer is connected to internet.

I just updated 4 printers like that yesterday. Maybe they pulled it back for some reason.

My bad if so.
Yea been pressing the check button to see If it can pull but no. I talked to the tech guy he said it's not officially available or something. well gotta wait until then:s

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yea been pressing the check button to see If it can pull but no. I talked to the tech guy he said it's not officially available or something. well gotta wait until then:s
I will send you a PM soon.

Edit. Seems like we figured that out. He's got the new firmware and was able to print at least something.

Im sorry, there was a reason why it didn't work out first try.

Last edited:

mbasch

Does anyone have one yet? Curious about alignment panel to panel. Each generation, they claim they fixed the issue, but the 570 has the worst alignment we have seen on an HP product.

SignTeam.us

Going thru lots of issues after having the machine for a month. The power wire loosens up while printing. That leads to date strip damage that leads to printheads damage. After 5 days of getting all fixed up now getting the issue with the firmware issues which we try all ways to troubleshoot. now they are going to replace the hard drive which they are on back order. Does anybody has got any issues with 800W?
We bought 2 of the L800W and had a really bad experience and return them. That was the best thing that happen at our shop this year is when those 2 printers left our shop.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
We bought 2 of the L800W and had a really bad experience and return them. That was the best thing that happen at our shop this year is when those 2 printers left our shop.
You could at least say what resulted to bad experience? What issues did you have?

Rameez

I got it to work but had to go through my self with the help of people here on the forum. and the crazy part is Hp people don't have an idea about the updated Firmware. I like the way it prints and the turnaround time as compare to the previous machine I like it. just don't want this to go down again and again. if I get any issues again I'll be returning them as well. already replaced the 2 print heads in just under a month. they were going out of warranty because I did above 1500ml print on ea head. which I got surprised by but it's my first time with HP printers. Because with Mutoh we didn't replace the heads in years.

But overall besides it's breaking down. I like the print quality and production time on this machine.

Santimus

So for the folks that kept their machine: would you recommend it? I've been looking at the 700w to replace my aging HP 360. We are a small 1 printer shop and don't have room for 2 so we definitely can't deal with too much downtime. The 360 has been a workhorse so I wanted to stick with HP but also want to add white capability to our prints.

Rameez

So for the folks that kept their machine: would you recommend it? I've been looking at the 700w to replace my aging HP 360. We are a small 1 printer shop and don't have room for 2 so we definitely can't deal with too much downtime. The 360 has been a workhorse so I wanted to stick with HP but also want to add white capability to our prints.
We are the same 1 printer shop. But I would recommend keeping your 360 just in case if you go down we face a week of downtime because of all these issues, and we didn't have a second printer to run the machine. As far as machine experience, I love the colors and production time on it with 6 passes. The only things I don't like were the issues we go thru and the downtime, since it's a new machine I shouldn't be facing these issues right away. I would recommend getting one and keep the old machine in just in case.

ikarasu

We caved and got a 700w. 3m is giving us 20k over 4 years in rebates so the machine is a no brainer... Pretty much free at that price.

It's not getting installed until this week. Were going to run it side by side with our 560 for awhile and make sure we don't get inconsistent panels, banding in light gradients... or any other surprise issues a few people on here seem to be having.

I was surprised to see traffic wise it prints double the speed than the 360 does... I'm guessing it now needs less passes for traffic materials, which will be good. Hoping it runs the materials better than the 360 did.

I'll be playing with it lots once it gets in doing tons of tests, I'll post the results once I get it!

If any of you have a file that's causing banding due to light colors I'd be interested in having it... Seems to be a printer wide issue, so it'd be interesting to see it first hand!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
We caved and got a 700w. 3m is giving us 20k over 4 years in rebates so the machine is a no brainer... Pretty much free at that price.

It's not getting installed until this week. Were going to run it side by side with our 560 for awhile and make sure we don't get inconsistent panels, banding in light gradients... or any other surprise issues a few people on here seem to be having.

I was surprised to see traffic wise it prints double the speed than the 360 does... I'm guessing it now needs less passes for traffic materials, which will be good. Hoping it runs the materials better than the 360 did.

I'll be playing with it lots once it gets in doing tons of tests, I'll post the results once I get it!

If any of you have a file that's causing banding due to light colors I'd be interested in having it... Seems to be a printer wide issue, so it'd be interesting to see it first hand!
Just have a wide selection of shades in solid color blocks. Make them big enough and you should see it pretty easy in 6&8pass.

Make sure they install firmware higher than PLS_20 for you to avoid other issues.

Kwiksigns

wookie
our 800W is down again. the trailing cable fell down after they came and fixed it (so they said). The issue with the banding in solid colors. Noticeable color shifts. If you have a fix for those, besides print at 16p, that'd be awesome.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
our 800W is down again. the trailing cable fell down after they came and fixed it (so they said). The issue with the banding in solid colors. Noticeable color shifts. If you have a fix for those, besides print at 16p, that'd be awesome.
The banding you can't "fix" other than using more passes. What do you mean by "color shifts", picture of it?
You can always play around with the profiles and try different materials. It should be pretty okay around 10/12-pass.

parrott

This new series of Latex sounds like a disaster. Will be upgrading our small roll to roll soon and will be looking at Epson unless they get these kinks worked out. HP is possibly the most frustrating company to work with when you have issues and have no desire to go back down that road.

Kwiksigns

wookie
The banding you can't "fix" other than using more passes. What do you mean by "color shifts", picture of it?
You can always play around with the profiles and try different materials. It should be pretty okay around 10/12-pass.
We couldn't print for a few months because of other issues. I was told that I should be able to print at 8p, even 6p, and there shouldn't be any banding on vinyl. A lot of parts were replaced to remedy the banding. So, it seemed like this issue had not been one before and nobody knew about it. When I mentioned banding at 8p, everyone seemed shocked and had an easy fix for it.

I've used HP 9000, Rolands and all of the HP Latex printers. I know printers band and there are on the fly adjustments and sometimes they don't print like I should expect them too. I'm annoyed that everyone told me it will print without banding at 8p then when it is delivered... It does not. And it seems to mostly be noticeable on colors including heavier magenta. Color shifts as if I print a whole panel. I understand that the color will shift to certain degree. We all saw the shift here but the tech apparently could not see it. It is how it was handled that is the upsetting part.

Is this related to you buying this machine? Or just because you use so much 3M they're giving you a rebate and you decided to put it towards this purchase?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Is this related to you buying this machine? Or just because you use so much 3M they're giving you a rebate and you decided to put it towards this purchase?
Not to speak for him but it's probably because he is a Traffic signage company and they are trying to get conversions to the new series of machines. Speaking of that, I think its crazy that the 800 prints faster than the 1500 on their traffic profiles.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Not to speak for him but it's probably because he is a Traffic signage company and they are trying to get conversions to the new series of machines. Speaking of that, I think its crazy that the 800 prints faster than the 1500 on their traffic profiles.
How so? It looked like both machines had profiles for 12-passes.
And you know speeds are obviously for full width.
L1500: ~24 m²/hr - 12-pass (dual roll should be used of course)
L800: ~17 m²/hr - 12-pass

Christian @ 2CT Media

1634316923202.png

Right off of 3M and HPs traffic website. This all goes back to the HP 1500 is a trash machine for other than entry level 10' printing. You can buy 4 800w printers and print 5x faster than the 1500. Also, the 1500 wastes 6-10' of Super expensive reflective stock vs less than 3'.