• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Logo For new Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

MotorCityMan

Just made this logo for my new company Tiger Paw Printing. Would love to hear what you think.

Attachments

• tiger paw logo 1 copy.jpg
    tiger paw logo 1 copy.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 227

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
First off, kerning matters. Doesn't matter what the typeface is ... bad kerning = crappy start to a logo.

second ... http://t2.ftcdn.net/jpg/00/19/19/13/400_F_19191393_JuhgAXuSre1XY4n9GTKKrSBxbsW2cAhl.jpg ... don't just stock art for a logo, make your own. ... completely.

Third, don't look for a font, look for an idea simple is fine, just own it. what you have now is a graphic and a splash of text which don't match, find a way to make them work together, or just keep them apart.

Finally ... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+do+I+design+a+logo

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
oh, and don't put your website on there if you don't have a website (or even an "under construction" page) on your server.

MotorCityMan

I love the honest opinions, but I can do without the whole we are the best attitude and sarcasm. I get tired of guys that think they are the worlds best designers and we all should just quit and leave it to "the pros".

Craig Sjoquist

Well the 4 colors tiger paw is ok , but the font is blah

To me you say Tiger Paw ... a strong, bold, quick, smart animal ..so look for a font that sorta matches that.

Then the whole thing needs some air space around it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I love the honest opinions, but I can do without the whole we are the best attitude and sarcasm. I get tired of guys that think they are the worlds best designers and we all should just quit and leave it to "the pros".

:peace!: I'm not making fun of you Motor..... but if after only 4 posts, you're tired of a particular kind of response..... do you know how tiresome it gets seeing people post up all kinds of designs/layouts which barely look as if they passed the fourth grade ??

Not saying your attempt is 4th grade level, but please try to consider that when playing 'Show n Tell'…… you're bound to get critical criticism.

No one is better than anyone else. We’re all the same. So, if we dish it out, you can too. Just be careful who you are addressing and their respective level of expertise. You don’t want to chit in your own mouth.

Let me start by asking you one simple question. If you are trying to represent CMYK..... why is grey in your logo ?? Is it possible you couldn't think of what to do, so you just substituted a neutral color because you ran out of ideas.... or is it possible, you have no design knowledge from which to pull ??

A question, not an accustaion. Answer that and we'll be on our way

ova

I don't do this too often because I don't consider myself a designer by any means. I try to look at different signs, logos, etc from the fans point of view.

After saying all of that, here's what I saw. No paw at first. Honestly, I thought I was looking at some kind of orbs or ballon things. Then I read Graig's post and looked again. None of the other posts before Craig's, including yours, mentioned anything about a paw.

Why so much contrast in the colors? Also, with the stripes being white, seems like it makes the logo have too much negative space. I understand what you're shooting for, but I think you missed it.

As far as the font, I think it will change once you play with the paw some.

JMO

Dave

HulkSmash

Ummmm. OK. He found your logo you designed on the internet and he said you should try being more creative and make. And try.making your own. Tyrant actually knows how to design. If your going to post, ask for opinions, then get mad at the feed back...

What's the point?

Speedsterbeast

I've never posted my logo on this site.
I think because in some ways I don't want to second guess my design anymore than I already did.
When people post their designs here I assume they painstakingly looked over hundreds of fonts, spacing, colours, logos etc, and when they finally decide what to go with, they want people to like it as much as they do.
Unless I'm wrong and some just take 2 hours and throw something up.

Myself, I spent weeks on it. I found getting away from it for a while really aided in having an objective view. In the end you have to make sure it's something that conveys the information you need to convey quickly and without confusion. And also, you really need to love it.

2B

I've never posted my logo on this site.
I think because in some ways I don't want to second guess my design anymore than I already did.
When people post their designs here I assume they painstakingly looked over hundreds of fonts, spacing, colours, logos etc, and when they finally decide what to go with, they want people to like it as much as they do.
Unless I'm wrong and some just take 2 hours and throw something up.

Myself, I spent weeks on it. I found getting away from it for a while really aided in having an objective view. In the end you have to make sure it's something that conveys the information you need to convey quickly and without confusion. And also, you really need to love it.

++1 very true

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.

Oh, I'm completely sorry ... here I thought since you put forth a 2 minute p.o.s. clipart logo and asked a site full of professionals for input that you should get the same amount of time. My bad ... here is some constructive critiquing instead ....

first off ... your tired is already dated. every printing company in the world that lists itself as: (animal here) prints ... will have a paw or the animal with a color wheel print. next, google search of just tiger paw listed your crappy clipart you either paid 5 dollars for or stole as number 23 on image search. what is that ... tiger stripe cutouts ... sorry, out dated as well. MAKE YOUR OWN ... if you want to call yourself a designer ... DESIGN something ... either go back to school or quit if you are too lazy or stupid to do your own work.

next up ... the font ... bank gothic sucks for your company logo. if you go with a scribble based logo (stolen or not ... stolen though i think) you should base your text on just that. either you go with clean vector art or you go with brush style or cursive typeface. bank gothic is not the simple route ... it is the "whatever, I don't really care" route. here's just a thought ... MAKE YOUR OWN. if your taking the time to waste mine you should be spending more making your own style of lettering to match your logo. again ... ... if you want to call yourself a designer ... DESIGN something ... either go back to school or quit if you are too lazy or stupid to do your own work.

Now if you want the truth. start over or hire someone who actually will spend more than 2 minutes on your logo. If you came here looking for praise ... you won't get it on that complete and utter p.o.s. that you are wasting our time with. Sorry, I've seen better from a first year design class ... and they don't use clip art.

Thief.

MotorCityMan

Oh, I'm completely sorry ... here I thought since you put forth a 2 minute p.o.s. clipart logo and asked a site full of professionals for input that you should get the same amount of time. My bad ... here is some constructive critiquing instead ....

first off ... your tired is already dated. every printing company in the world that lists itself as: (animal here) prints ... will have a paw or the animal with a color wheel print. next, google search of just tiger paw listed your crappy clipart you either paid 5 dollars for or stole as number 23 on image search. what is that ... tiger stripe cutouts ... sorry, out dated as well. MAKE YOUR OWN ... if you want to call yourself a designer ... DESIGN something ... either go back to school or quit if you are too lazy or stupid to do your own work.

next up ... the font ... bank gothic sucks for your company logo. if you go w
ith a scribble based logo (stolen or not ... stolen though i think) you should base your text on just that. either you go with clean vector art or you go with brush style or cursive typeface. bank gothic is not the simple route ... it is the "whatever, I don't really care" route. here's just a thought ... MAKE YOUR OWN. if your taking the time to waste mine you should be spending more making your own style of lettering to match your logo. again ... ... if you want to call yourself a designer ... DESIGN something ... either go back to school or quit if you are too lazy or stupid to do your own work.

Now if you want the truth. start over or hire someone who actually will spend more than 2 minutes on your logo. If you came here looking for praise ... you won't get it on that complete and utter p.o.s. that you are wasting our time with. Sorry, I've seen better from a first year design class ... and they don't use clip art.

Thief.

Now that is honesty, I actually enjoyed this response, it was honest and real without being a sarcastic jackass . I was not looking for praise and I never claimed to be a designer. I will do better . Thank you

Btw considering how ticked off you are , you obviously dont like someone being sarcastic with a google search either. If your going to call yourself a professional act like one. Taking the time to rip on someone who is new does not encourage them to try harder. It just makes them want to meet you in real life. I'm sure your a great designer, now put some effort into being a great person.

Salmoneye

I would like to see the paw a bit smaller and without the slashes through them, it just busies up the image. Also the pads might be reshaped a bit. I wonder if you could come up with a slick way to shape the name somehow to form the center pad itself? Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.