• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Shop Logo - Opinions?

Heres our new logo. Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 186

Letterbox Mike

I agree with above. It's nice looking but I think it misses the mark from a marketing perspective. I immediately thought of vinyl records. It has a bit of a Nashville look to me. It doesn't say (literally or otherwise) what you do.

I guess that's more of a critique on your company name though. Are you established and do people already know what you do? If you have a decent presence already then that helps your case. I would still try to work in something more descriptive about what you do, though.

Ken

Three different fonts? Not usually a good idea.
Glad I'm not weeding it.
Cheers!
Ken

Marco

I don't see anything attractive about this. It may pass for something antique. Are you doing antique work? Like someone here mentioned, there are one too many fonts here. My eye is jumping around these fonts and lines. Try aligning the lettters a bit. I'm glad you asked for opinions on this one. I hope professional people here can give you some advice using the correct terminology. Good luck.

sardocs

I think that the placement and treatment of the typefaces could be a little more personalized, especially since it clearly says "custom".

Attachments

• vinyl shop.jpg
    vinyl shop.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 171

Marlene

it looks weak and thin. it's a lot of stuff that has no sense of presence and just feels sad and empty. if you go with an antique looking idea, it needs to be more elaborate, more pulled together. go to bing or google and look at images of logos for some inspiration.

I agree that it's impossible to tell you are a sign shop from the logo. I think it could also reinforce the fallacy that the vinyl and computer do all the work, not the signmaker.

I also like that the word "custom" is in Helvetica.:tongue:

Pat Whatley

Marco, are you trying to use every Photoshop action you can find? I think every layout you've ever posted has been a barrage of ill conceived distortions.