• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Shop Truck Layout

signswi

The public is going to think aliens. When you brand you need to consider audience perception as a primary factor in the naming process. I guess black out the whole truck in matte black and tint the windows really dark, with no markings? Should be great for business.

pgettys

Jesse,
i have not had one customer mention aliens everyone is thinking secret military base
no Aliens nowhere
Sorry no can do
i haven't had time to work on it latley we have been so busy but when i get a chance i will post the new design up

neato

How about a camo flying saucer?

The new layout looks clean, but now I'm not sure what you do. :D

Aren't we a finicky bunch?

Stevo

Is it me? Or just saying wraps on there could also mean food wraps to the general public? Mcdonalds sells wraps. Either way, I just see this layout as a total disaster with no flow, typical of a "wrap designer" these days. The photoshop filter man just took a puke on it! Bravo!

stevo

Dan Antonelli

Everyone should study the SignCrafts of the early 80's to see how the old school guys handled 'wraps' back in those days. Except in those days, there was no such thing as wraps, and these guys called them 'supergraphics'. They were models of legibility, creativity, and brand execution.

If you study outdoor advertising, you'll note that most of the messaging is clear, concise and missing photoshop fills and filters. The folks who design them understand the medium. Vehicle advertising is no different.

You second layout is an improvement, but I still think can be improved.

Nearly every 'wrap' design we execute is not actually a wrap, usually partial. And 99% of our designs are vector based, because photography is usually a crutch for a poor design or brand integration. So many small business think they need wraps; they actually don't - they just need a good design to reinforce their brand in an impactful way. And they need legibility and creativity.

The phrase 'wow that was cool - but I dont know what company does' is heard more often than you think as it relates to wraps. Most wrap designers are guilty of trying to impress other wrap designers with a 'cool' factor, while failing to consider the brand implications of their messaging.

Build your brand first. Invest in something iconic, easy to discern from a distance, and legible. The most effective layouts are the simplest to understand.

Wraps ink

here is our shop truck

Attachments

• Wraps Ink Truck.jpg
    Wraps Ink Truck.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 120

weaselboogie

The phrase 'wow that was cool - but I dont know what company does' is heard more often than you think as it relates to wraps. Most wrap designers are guilty of trying to impress other wrap designers with a 'cool' factor, while failing to consider the brand implications of their messaging.

Build your brand first. Invest in something iconic, easy to discern from a distance, and legible. The most effective layouts are the simplest to understand.

Fantastic Dan! great words of advice.

Last edited:

Wraps ink

post 51 is very true...but I get way more phone calls and feedback from the wow factor it also depends on the customers you want. an 80 year old man isnt gonna understand or like my design and will think its paint anyway...while a 20-40 yr old race team owner motocross driver or business owner trying to capitalize on the next hip thing will totaly get it. In advertising you have to get in the customers world to grab his attention.

as far as design goes I grew up watching my dad handpaint and gold leaf and airbrush and he made me learn all of that before I could touch a computer
so I understand my roots and how to do (classy legible clean design)

I do go back and forth on good clean design and grunge but somehow the grunge always wins..I will post a pic of the van before I unwrapped it

iSign

...an 80 year old man isnt gonna understand or like my design and will think its paint anyway...while a 20-40 yr old race team owner motocross driver or business owner trying to capitalize on the next hip thing will totaly get it.

yeah... but once all 5 of them in your region have bought from you... then what?

shakey0818

I agree with visual 800's post about angry wraps.I see allot of wraps here that look cool but when it comes to wrapping for someones business i would think the wrap should be a picture that would best describe that customers business cause u cant put 100 words all over it,something not too busy with a clear message of what they do & offer.All this flashy design is to much thats all that will be remembered not the important stuff.I would say keep it simple & to the point but do be a little creative.

Dave Drane

Is it me? Or just saying wraps on there could also mean food wraps to the general public? Mcdonalds sells wraps. Either way, I just see this layout as a total disaster with no flow, typical of a "wrap designer" these days. The photoshop filter man just took a puke on it! Bravo!

stevo

:goodpost: They turn heads...Pretty designs as they go by.. but what the hell was the message?:covereyes: