• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Shop Truck Layout

pgettys

Hey guys just playing around a little this morning with a design for the truck and trailer with new logo and website, still monkeying with trailer

any suggestions good or bad let me have it Jill i know you got something, come on girl spit it out!

Attachments

• proof.jpg
    proof.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 137

heyskull

Toooooo much stuff on that one.
I thought my work vehicle was busy but that has just beat it by miles.

SC

pgettys

I would assume that most people can read vehicle even though it is going through the handle, I have changed it up a little and darkened the camo and Changed a few things to help out a little

Attachments

• proof1.jpg
    proof1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 180

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What is 'the' handle ?? A handle to what ?? A frying pan or a handle on what you are trying to convey ??

Do you realize that green lettering on a green background will barely show up, if at all, just because it's outlined with black and a slight glow ??

Your background is more active than your foreground. Everything is competing with each other to be seen and all anyone will see in the real world is a smear driving by.

You obviously have some background in doing wraps. Are you purposely throwing all the rules out on your own project ?? When you look and study a monitor, just about anything will look alright. You're only 18" from the screen. However, in the real world.... your smallest of mistakes become 2500% larger, this making more of an impact on your lack of cleverness rather than your actual message. Over 1/2 of your design is a mistake. That's a lot of bad going out there... representing you.

pgettys

with that being said do you think the text VEHICLE WRAPS needs to be on there?
I am not going for a standard corporate look this is something that will stand out going down the road and will be sitting attached to my 6x12 hallmark enclosed trailer.

Camo around here is very HOT! since everything seems to get camo-ed
we do the hydro graphic printing also and it helps allot.

Ive been around for a while give me some suggestions don't just criticize i take it both.

Again i don't want anything BORING with basic CRAP. looking at targeting another industry and it is LOUD, COLORFUL, AND CRAZY!
i can design boring corp. crap all day long GOING BY K.I.S.S

You have to step outside the box that is where i get my business always have because noone wants to do the stuff i do .

Give me suggestions on which way you would go keeping that in mind!

pgettys

I know all the color crap i am looking at layout, more than anything, colors are clicks. i struggle more with my CRAP because i hate boring.

i like breaking the rules on purpose that's the point!

skyhigh

do you really have to say "WRAP" 3 times on each side?

EDIT:
with that being said do you think the text VEHICLE WRAPS needs to be on there?

Guess I should have read all your posts. Guess the answer to your question would be NO

Question.....Is that a "headless" bird with a shield? Anyways I'd move that back so the wing goes up the rear door. Enlarge it, and lose everything else.
WTF is camo dipping?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Want a good suggestion. Take that whole image into photoshop and turn it into greyscale and print it on an 8-1/2" x 11" piece of paper.

Scotch-tape that piece of paper to a wall and walk about 20' to 25' away. Look at it for 3 seconds and then look away. Don't study it... no one else will, so don't be the only one to do so. Could you honestly read anything in that time span ?? If this was a billboard or a large sign, you might have a small chance of someone remembering some of it, but I highly doubt it.

You want BOLD, LOUD, COLORFUL and CRAZY ?? Do it without effects. Effects only are to add dimension and some perspective to elements of a design.... not be the sole common denominator of making something pop.

If you can't draw or doodle, find someone that can get your thoughts down on a piece of paper and go from there. Too many people just think by adding this effect or that color combination without knowing how to do it professionally, they are creating masterpieces. It just don't work thata way. You need someone that understands the color wheel, weight, balance, negative space, font usage, depth perception, elements, foreground & background concepts and most of all good creative skills without being crude.

AUTO-FX

do you really have to say "WRAP" 3 times on each side?

Yes, lose the "vehicle wraps" text , lessen the angle, and slide the winged 51 sheild back. Please.

if anything, then maybe someone could catch the "area 51" and know who to call!!!

artsnletters

i like breaking the rules on purpose that's the point!
i think you need to know what the rules are before you break them. Do what the others suggested...squint and look at it. I don't think it looks THAT bad but i think the door handle/vehicle wraps placement is bad. Lower it and relocate the other tag line. Like previously stated, this should represent the best you can be...something that inspires customers to have you do the work.
Tim